00W's AIO Smorgasbord

luis angel

Tailspots and Tacos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like exactly what you need. You have a good dad!
Yes, I really have, he has one for his tank and this one had it as a spare, this is his tank ( We are sharing knowledge because he doesn't speak English very well for R2R) ( we are from Cuba ) but I am happy that we share the same hobby and sharing knowledge,
1000086804.jpg

luis angel

Tailspots and Tacos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's been in and out of the hobby for years and now that I'm in it we're both trying it together.
Yes, I really have, he has one for his tank and this one had it as a spare, this is his tank ( We are sharing knowledge because he doesn't speak English very well for R2R) ( we are from Cuba ) but I am happy that we share the same hobby and sharing knowledge,
1000086804.jpg

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1000086804.jpg
That is really special that he has shared his passion for reefing with you- his tank looks fantastic

Reef Devils

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a dremel and a diamond blade, cuts through the skeleton like butter. Good luck Parker, let me know if you have any questions.
Before I buy that can I just use a bone cutter that I have for corals?

Reef Devils

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s the frag rack! I would take it out. I was surprised as it’s a good brand, but I guess these things happen.

It takes a few days to recover from a dip. Wait 5 days. Of course the damaged areas will take time to fill out again, but you should see the rest looking fluffier. If you got those flatworms, but you should check and look at all your other hammers for that same flatworm - hopefully isolated.

But remember, the GHA in the tank is causing you to get abnormal test results and the hammers are sensitive. So might have to be patient.

Regarding fragging, I personally would wait until it is completely healthy and GHA is gone. And you would have to ask the veterans here on how to frag, I have no idea.
What new frag rack should I get?

idk if it was flatworms.

If I frag the hammer will that make it unhappy? I just thought if I frag it and make it smaller, I can move it to different areas of the tank and I can give the different heads its own spot and a chance to survive

WalkerLovesTheOcean

"Just keeps swimming!"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

idk if it was flatworms.

If I frag the hammer will that make it unhappy? I just thought if I frag it and make it smaller, I can move it to different areas of the tank and I can give the different heads its own spot and a chance to survive
As long as you frag it properly, on the skeleton, the hammer will be fine. It may get mad for a little while, but it will be fine once it relaxes a bit.

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I buy that can I just use a bone cutter that I have for corals?
You can, I’ve used it for frogspawn, but when I used it for a hammer it split vertically into three pieces. I never tried it with a torch. Better safe than sorry.

Reef Devils

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can, I’ve used it for frogspawn, but when I used it for a hammer it split vertically into three pieces. I never tried it with a torch. Better safe than sorry.
Ok then I will probably get that blade. That you were talking about. What’s it called again. Does Home Depot have it?

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok then I will probably get that blade. That you were talking about. What’s it called again. Does Home Depot have it?
Yep, but you can get it from Amazon also. Keep me updated, I will help you through this.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

idk if it was flatworms.

I have a few different vendors, but my favorite is this one as the frags lock in. Also it holds a lot and allows me to spread the corals out so they don’t sting each other.

luis angel

Tailspots and Tacos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few different vendors, but my favorite is this one as the frags lock in. Also it holds a lot and allows me to spread the corals out so they don’t sting each other.

Can you check this one, I have never bought from them but several friends have recommended me.

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, my name is Luis, I was thinking about starting a thread but I've been following this thread for a few weeks and you guys seem like a family here so if you don't mind I'll put the question here, I am quite new to the hobby and a friend gave me his tank, he explained to me where he bought everything and well I have been learning a lot here at R2R, the thing is that he buys the sea water to do the water changes, it would be better to continue buying sea water or preparing the saltwater myself, sorry for the long text and thanks for the help
Welcome to our little family!

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 32 34.8%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 51 55.4%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back