00W's AIO Smorgasbord

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So do I need to add anything to fix it?
My torches, hammers and frogspawn tend to thrive with magnesium at 1400. I test before my weekly water changes and add what is needed to the new batch of water is mixing.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And the meds I take for nerve pain is Gabapentin I hate taking it and only use it when it's really really hurting.
Oh that’s one of my meds - makes me soo tired. I take up to 6 a day - lol. And morphine and steroids and a wee bit of Norco- the steroids have allowed me to reduce Norco to 1-2 per day, sometimes I don’t take any if I’m just at home relaxing.

I really wish there was an alternative to Gababentin - it’s the one med I haven’t acclimated too.

Rest up Amanda!

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. Mine mixes around there so I'd say that's accurate. If you don't have a lot of corals with skeletons you don't have to raise that. Coralline algae and skeletal corals need magnesium, soft corals don't.
These are the corals I have...
1000003966.jpg
1000003967.jpg

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually yes - depends on the coral, yes with bone cutters or side snips, see previous answer of yes with bone cutters or side snips. You can also remove some frags from the plugs fairly easily if they're not encrusting the plug already.
Agreed- I use bone cutters to snip off plug stick and also as much of circle as I can if the coral is not encrusting or spreading type. I also completely remove from original frag plug when I can and glue to rubble rock - bought a bag of Marco rubble. Then it’s really easy to remove from rock scrape if needed.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Why I thought they were the best ones other than the Hanna ones?
Yes, but for phosphates it's so hard to read. I couldn't even see blue until it hit around 0.25.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.1%
Back