JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do I do...? :rolleyes: :thinking-face:

20240520_201247.jpg
That an RFA? Where is it sitting? Hard to see.

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LTA Amy.
20240311_131525.jpg
Was a rescue of sorts from petco when my buddy ran the fish department.
Often times they would get in things they didn't order and she was one.
I've had her at least 4 years. She'll move occasionally and likes her foot in the sand or next to a rock to protect her body.
Very sticky, clown has no interest in her and I don't know how they reproduce.
Beautiful spotted underside, and quite beautiful when happy.
Likes low light, low flow.
She was the size of a silver dollar when I got her.
Very tolerant of tank conditions, very forgiving.
I don't know anything about any other nems. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rock flower ones are stunning colors! Maybe I will try that route! I have a nice sandy area in the front I could maybe put them there and surround them with small rubble incase they want to be on the rocks and not the sand?
They like being in the sand next to a heavy rock where they can scoot their foot under the rock ir in a groove buried in the sand. Some get adventurous and scale the rockwork. Only way I've seen people really control where they go is to get them rooted into a PVC endcap and stick it in the sand--theu seem to like the grippiness of the threads.

WalkerLovesTheOcean

"Just keeps swimming!"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They like being in the sand next to a heavy rock where they can scoot their foot under the rock ir in a groove buried in the sand. Some get adventurous and scale the rockwork. Only way I've seen people really control where they go is to get them rooted into a PVC endcap and stick it in the sand--theu seem to like the grippiness of the threads.
I tried rubbing the foot gently to hopefully get it to move, but my finger started to feel tingly so I stopped. I really have no idea what to do.

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my two torches may have fallen victim to my emerald crabs. I never caught them in the act but noticed the touches were not expanding like normal recently and then just now when I went to feed them they look like something has eaten their tentacles...:loudly-crying-face:

I caught the two emeralds I seen and banished them to the sump. I had three but only ever see two out at a time.

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, it's an RFA. It's attached to my glass cleaner and glass.
I use my thumb to push along the very base of the foot. Some people use a credit card, bit to me that's too hard an edge. I sometimes use a plastic tester spoon that's a bit rounded to puch against it. On glass/plastic, it comes off easily. You might "feel" it pulling off a bit. Nem is fine, it's not tearing. Just be gentle and it'll slide off and you can move it where you want.

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my two torches may have fallen victim to my emerald crabs. I never caught them in the act but noticed the touches were not expanding like normal recently and then just now when I went to feed them they look like something has eaten their tentacles...:loudly-crying-face:

I caught the two emeralds I seen and banished them to the sump. I had three but only ever see two out at a time.
I caught one of my emeralds with a torch polyp in its mouth, stretching straigh from the torch head. Looked like it was eating spaghetti.

O-U-T, out!

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use my thumb to push along the very base of the foot. Some people use a credit card, bit to me that's too hard an edge. I sometimes use a plastic tester spoon that's a bit rounded to puch against it. On glass/plastic, it comes off easily. You might "feel" it pulling off a bit. Nem is fine, it's not tearing. Just be gentle and it'll slide off and you can move it where you want.
But them how do you get them to stay where you want them? Mine is on the back side of my rocks. You can barely see it in this picture...
1000004506.jpg

WalkerLovesTheOcean

"Just keeps swimming!"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But them how do you get them to stay where you want them? Mine is on the back side of my rocks. You can barely see it in this picture...
1000004506.jpg
I think getting them off rock is quite difficult. I would try aiming a powerhead towards the flower it make it move. Then you could try taking it off where it's more easily removable. I think it should grab onto something quite quick, but I have no experience with that.

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1000004506.jpg
Ya, mine move a lot, sometimes I of no where they are front and center and then in the back again. I gave up.

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think getting them off rock is quite difficult. I would try aiming a powerhead towards the flower it make it move. Then you could try taking it off where it's more easily removable. I think it should grab onto something quite quick, but I have no experience with that.
Good point Walker, I’ve read using flow to get nems to move is used a lot.

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your
1000004506.jpg
Rocks look nice and knobby. Not sure you can entice it to move. My widow sits on the back side of the rock but is big enough to see over the rock. Maybe when it gets bigger? Can also change up the flow a bit and it might move on its own... Or be stubborn and stay out even if suboptimal ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

luis angel

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

luis angel

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I had an experience like this a few months ago but I hope your ending is different from mine

luis angel

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happened? I don't think the two they ate will recover as there is nothing left of the tentacles.
My torch never recovered from that, the problem is that I don't know how those crabs knew that they only did it after dawn, I already saw the torch a little closed but one day I had to get up at 3 am to work and There was 1 eating the torch and I immediately took it out and watched the other one for days but nothing, until one day I set the alarm for 4 am and it was eating it too

Back