00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My torch never recovered from that, the problem is that I don't know how those crabs knew that they only did it after dawn, I already saw the torch a little closed but one day I had to get up at 3 am to work and There was 1 eating the torch and I immediately took it out and watched the other one for days but nothing, until one day I set the alarm for 4 am and it was eating it too
I think mine were waiting until lights out as well it's like the little devils knew not to do it when I could catch them.

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yay, Nem Roundup!

RFAs -- super bright and colorful and very very easy to care for. They can be in the rocks or in the sand and tend to move around less. See a great RFA tank here:
Their stings are quite weak. I handle them barehanded and I've never seen a fish too bothered by touching them. AND, if you have a bunch of them, they might breed!
1716249682142.jpeg

LTAs -- I unfortunately haven't had the pleasure of having yet. They grow big. Dinner plate big. And they are definitely more at home with their foot lodged in the sand. As you might guess, they have long tentacles. That sometimes curl at the ends. Wish I had more I could say about them. When I get a big boy tank, I'll make some sand space for an LTA.

BTAs -- you know these. All bubbly and beautiful. Until they stop bubbling and leave you wondering what happened. Lots of variations ranging from cheap (green BTAs or GBTAs) to very expensive (chicago sunburst BTAs or CSBs). Naturally, black widow BTAs are the best, because I have a beautiful BWBTA. But other popular ones are CSB, RBTAs, rose BTAs that are often confused with RBTAs but RBTAs have more of a green/blue to red/purple coloration, whereas roses are much more light red throughout, Shermans which look similar to the black widows but deeper coloration and no spiderwebs on the disk.. am I forgetting any?
Isn't she beautiful?
1716248170606.jpeg

Here is my RBTA (that had just split) next to my BWBTA:
1716248202559.jpeg

Magnificas -- I know very little about these except that they are very big and magnificent and clownfish like them a lot. Also go by Ritteri nems.

Haddoni carpets -- I also know little about these since they just grow too big for my small tanks. Maybe one day. But clownfish also love big carpet nems. They have much stronger stings, though, and have a bad reputation for eating fish. So there's that.

Maxi-Mini carpet nems -- I've wanted to try one, but always ended up getting RFAs instead. They do not host clownfish. Smaller like RFAs but stronger stings/stickier. Can catch dumb fish.

Condy nems -- great if you like a white nems with pink tips. There are strange outlier cases of condys hosting clownfish, sometimes the more robust clowns like tomatos or clarkii. Not natural hosts.

Then there's a bunch of hitchhiker nems that you probably don't want. Curlique nems (not so bad), majanos (bad), Aiptasia (...).
What is the beauty in the last picture on the left?

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's my rainbow BTA. Used to be super bubbly but now they're in higher flow and straightened out.
But they are still so pretty!!! Who cares if she's lost her bubbles I have lost a lot of things over the years as well but my hubby still says I'm beautiful.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oh my gosh my friend just sent me this and I know they're are a few of us here that are bilingual and I thought you guys might get a laugh from it...
1000004526.jpg
Sí y yo pedo Coca Cola!

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my gosh my friend just sent me this and I know they're are a few of us here that are bilingual and I thought you guys might get a laugh from it...
1000004526.jpg
A few of my faux pas en Spanish/Portuguese:

What I thought I said to my coworker: My boss is super nice. ... Her husband is super nice too!

What I actually said: My boss is super hot... Her husband is super hot too!

----

What I thought I was saying in the bar: God it's hot in here. Are you hot? I'm so hot.

What I actually said: God is horny in here. Are you horny? I'm so horny.

----

What I thought I said in Portuguese while taking a question from the audience: Yes, yes, mmhmm, yes, yes.

What I actually said: tick, tick, mmhmm, tick, tick
("Tick" = another word for peepee)
----

There are others even less appropriate...

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Raja Rampage?
That's what I was thinking but I killed my Raja Rampage. Originally I thought it was purchased as a Vivids Riddler Chalice. It used to be green with yellow mouths but recently it started getting the black rings, black streaks, and black growth edge. Maybe it's a new morph, the Mothy Gothic Kermie Chalice.

luis angel

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I was thinking but I killed my Raja Rampage. Originally I thought it was purchased as a Vivids Riddler Chalice. It used to be green with yellow mouths but recently it started getting the black rings, black streaks, and black growth edge. Maybe it's a new morph, the Mothy Gothic Kermie Chalice.
I thought about raja rampage because I've been looking for one here in my lfs but I haven't had any luck, where I saw it was in Tidal Gardens web

Back