1/4" on/off actuator device (?)

ZoWhat

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an A.W.I. RODI unit that whenever my drum is filled it closes the float valve pic below

20201001_184042.jpg

....with this float closed, its suppose to shutoff the RODI unit via back ptessure.

It does NOT shut off the RODI... it continues to push water thru the waste line. The rodi drum does NOT overflow but the rodi unit keeps pumping out waste water....

I'm getting very very tired every month smthg going sideways where I have to play the FBI Investigator tearing into things... only for the original problem creating 4 more problems.

If i tear into this RODI... it'll be $400 later with a new RODI system and a bunch of more problems

Can someone PINPOINT my problem?

If not do they sell an electronic on/off 1/4" device that when making water i can put this actuator on a timer to shut off all water going into the RODI after a certain amt of time.

Example: it takes roughly 24hrs for me to fill my RODI drum yet I forget that waste water is STILL RUNNING 2,3,4 days later wasting all kinds of water.

If I cant pinpoint why the rodi won't shutoff, I game to put a device that on the 30th hour it automatically shuts off water enrtering the rodi unit

Last edited:

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is either damaged or you don't have one... your welcome :)

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This^. I have the same setup with a mechanical float valve on my container and I have the auto shutoff on the RO/DI unit. Float get closed by the water level and puts back pressure on the line. The auto shutoff on the RO/DI unit senses the pressure and shuts off the unit. Waste and clean water.

Back