1.5 month old 55 reef

tjnorthdakota

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just started the tank not to long ago, not really focusing on the livestock at the moment, just trying to get the tank and equipment I need. Currently there is two kessil a 150 sky blue lights, tonga shelf and pukani rock, natures ocean samoa pink sand and various koralia pumps and jebao wp40 wavemaker in the display tank. I have a 40b sump/refugium in the basement with a jebao dc3000 return pump, sca-301 skimmer, 7" filter sock, brs carbon reactor. two kinds of macro in the refugium.

I am slowly trying to get quality equipment and next week I will take the kessils off in favor of a 4 bulb t5 aquatic life fixture. The various circulation pumps are coming out for the mp40 I just bought and I will start using the new RO system I just got over black friday, instead of my well water. I had a 20tall sump with no baffles and thank goodness that is gone now as of this week.

_MG_3591.jpg _MG_3592.jpg
IMG_3587.jpg

OP
OP
tjnorthdakota

tjnorthdakota

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
Tank 6 month update. T5 light has been on for awhile, vortech mp40, lifegard quiet one 5000 return pump, apex jr, tunze 3155 ato, kalk dosing have been the changes and upgrades so far, looking to start dosing two part in the next week and still need to find another mp40 to remove the final jebao powerhead from the tank. Started buying sps to turn tank into sps dominant also.

OP
OP
tjnorthdakota

tjnorthdakota

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the time has come for me to say goodbye to my 55 gallon, two days and I will begin the 120 gallon build and transfer the 55 stuff to the it. The tank is doing well though, started dosing red sea reef energy and the corals are all loving it.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 32 40.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back