1.5L and fully sumped what more could I need? My MUYE Mini Complete tank

PeterLL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
From a cross the pond here, and been reading here for a while, thought it’s time to show off what I got...sorta.
So I’m not sure if you have seen the ‘Mini Complete Tanks’ floating around but I’ve got my hands on it’s big brother: Optiwhite glass replacing the acrylic, double the display volume (yes still only 1.5L!), a fully temperature controllable heater, a slick new LED and more.
Anyway, judge for yourself -
DC02A17B-C2F6-4C05-B3B7-C1D1BCF90661.jpeg

F49008D2-CF00-421A-87DF-71B8318BC1FE.jpeg
F30F3E8D-68B0-484B-9473-191F4F3DBA22.jpeg

EE11C7FE-31E2-4758-8199-3467E41A51F2.jpeg

Now now it was originally planned for my j I dorms and to cut a long story short a global pandemic got in the way- but I did finally get around to setting it up back at home:
122547B2-D333-4571-A6E0-4C2420833A1C.jpeg

8FBD6792-5331-4AA6-945E-5314D74B390E.jpeg

And not least to mention the test subject aka a baby lil shroom:

F0BF8164-A5F6-4502-BBA4-CC216A5790EC.jpeg

OP
OP
PeterLL

PeterLL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is so amazing I have seen a few of its little brother mostly FW planted tanks.
where did you get this?

I kinda want one too!
Hi mate I bought it off eBay but of course had to be shipped from China but only took a couple weeks to get here.
It is a lot of fun for what it is and means I can keep a bit of reef on my bedside ahah

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi mate I bought it off eBay but of course had to be shipped from China but only took a couple weeks to get here.
It is a lot of fun for what it is and means I can keep a bit of reef on my bedside ahah

nice I was looking at there website the other day. kinda cool
keep the updates coming I am curious to see how this works out for you!

OP
OP
PeterLL

PeterLL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I certainly will keep it updated no worries there.
First week will be seeing how the mushroom lives, checking how stable salinity and temperature is, and possibly testing a couple macro algae’s. After that I might add some dove snails, zoas and more shrooms for now.
I’m excited

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I certainly will keep it updated no worries there.
First week will be seeing how the mushroom lives, checking how stable salinity and temperature is, and possibly testing a couple macro algae’s. After that I might add some dove snails, zoas and more shrooms for now.
I’m excited
I thought you said no worries about keeping updated?!?
It’s been over a month and I’m getting worried.

cool little tank! I need an update.

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@PeterLL

Do you still have this little tank going? I’ve been looking at this one and also the original Mini Complete Tank. I like the added room this one has and it also has a better sump design from what I can tell. Also more room in the sump for upgrades.

OP
OP
PeterLL

PeterLL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! Sorry its been peak exam season for me hence not much has been happening!, but, I am going to sort it out today, and then give a wee update in the next couple days, promise! Only interesting thing is that it's kept a dove snail alive the past month lol.
FWIW Jason, I definitely prefer this to the Mini Complete, for the space and in general a more solid build.
Cheers!

OP
OP
PeterLL

PeterLL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I’m bad at keeping things up to date!
I gave it a rescape as I felt the rock was a weeee bit too big so I got some dead rock rubble and superglue.
Stock is now 2 macro algae’s, a zoa, a dove snail and a baby brittle star - all of which have been doing decent (alive?)
That’s pretty much all to report for now, will add more stuff slowly soon... I’m kinda wanting a small small peat crab? Maybe ones the people kill cause they eat coral and give him his own wee home? As long as they’re small and can’t eat crab pellets I can’t imagine a huge problem.
58EA4025-BA8D-4E62-8971-BE1F751387A6.jpeg

5AD77E15-E7FD-4B06-AB38-91A6303FED6F.jpeg

OP
OP
PeterLL

PeterLL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is with much regret I will be shutting this tank down.

However I am not done with the pico tanks just yet...
Introducing "The Upgrade";
Wood.jpg

If you think it looks big, it is 25cm long, and only 15 high... Total volume: 2L.
I upgraded to this simply for the fact I can put in a gravity ATU in easier, so the water level is more stable which was my biggest issue. I shall also be making a small DIY LED light to light it, with some more reef colours.
New thread or should it be a continuation?

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is with much regret I will be shutting this tank down.

However I am not done with the pico tanks just yet...
Introducing "The Upgrade";
Wood.jpg

If you think it looks big, it is 25cm long, and only 15 high... Total volume: 2L.
I upgraded to this simply for the fact I can put in a gravity ATU in easier, so the water level is more stable which was my biggest issue. I shall also be making a small DIY LED light to light it, with some more reef colours.
New thread or should it be a continuation?
If you do start a new thread just make sure you post a link to it in this thread so we can follow.

I got my little tank but haven’t got it up and running yet. I do have the aquascape in my other reef maturing though.

OP
OP
PeterLL

PeterLL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you do start a new thread just make sure you post a link to it in this thread so we can follow.

I got my little tank but haven’t got it up and running yet. I do have the aquascape in my other reef maturing though.
Oooh what tank did you get? Was it a MUYE as well? If so I’d recommended upgrading the light - at least if you got the white one, maybe the blue is better.

that’s smart think I’ll dk that to -put the rocks in the DT and let somezoas and shrooms encrust it while it arrives

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oooh what tank did you get? Was it a MUYE as well? If so I’d recommended upgrading the light - at least if you got the white one, maybe the blue is better.

that’s smart think I’ll dk that to -put the rocks in the DT and let somezoas and shrooms encrust it while it arrives
I got a mini complete tank. It’s got the reef blue light.

2E584BB9-EFD7-48B4-B89F-C8D3A0851E5A.jpeg

Double monti 61

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I have a 15 gallon tank my filtration system is 2 fluval aqua clear filters each filled with small ceramic tubes and a small power head that has adjustable flow and pulse some manmade live rock.I feed a small amount of pe mysis daily and have had good results.I use nature’s ocean.sea water 2 gallon water change once a week no protein skimmer and nothing but the ceramic tubes in my filters lots of small life that I think helps the balance of my tank.I wish you well and hope that your tank becomes a habitat that is healthy

B8571A49-5AAF-4274-89AB-E5BC5D797FCD.jpeg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh very cool!

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 45 29.2%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 33 21.4%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 54 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back