1 Clownfish suddenly not aggressive

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey all,
I have a pair of ocellaris clownfish, seems they’ve become a mated pair after about a month, 1 is much more food aggressive than the other and they stick together most of the time, however i noticed the past couple of days the one that was aggressive (always coming to the top waiting for food, attacking the pipet when i’m taking water samples) is suddenly very shy and only eats after the other one has and doesn’t seem to be eating as much. Is there any reason for this? Almost seems like the roles suddenly reversed.

Thanks in advance
-Elias

Bear Claw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey all,
I have a pair of ocellaris clownfish, seems they’ve become a mated pair after about a month, 1 is much more food aggressive than the other and they stick together most of the time, however i noticed the past couple of days the one that was aggressive (always coming to the top waiting for food, attacking the pipet when i’m taking water samples) is suddenly very shy and only eats after the other one has and doesn’t seem to be eating as much. Is there any reason for this? Almost seems like the roles suddenly reversed.

Thanks in advance
-Elias
Clowns and other fish will often do this randomly for no reason. As long as there is no excessive nipping/biting then they might work it out. Keep a close eye on them for a while. If it continues or gets worse then you might need to remove one of them.

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will happen until the clowns are 1&1/2 years. One will all of a sudden explode in growth and you’ll know they’re the female. Feed heavily and varied diet and they should lay their first clutch around 2-3 years old in my experience.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 63 32.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 50 25.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 40 20.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 39 20.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back