1 eye fish

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many of yall out there have a 1 eye fish? I've got the chance to own a fish with 1 eye and possibly may get her. The fact that she has only 1 eye makes her a little more like a rescue but also a bit closer to the heart. What's y'alls thoughts and if you got story's and pics, let's have them.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Injured and damaged fish fare way better in aquaria than in the wild. I have seen a few 1 eyed fish over the years, they will frequently position themselves so that their good eye is facing outside the tank.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Injured and damaged fish fare way better in aquaria than in the wild. I have seen a few 1 eyed fish over the years, they will frequently position themselves so that their good eye is facing outside the tank.
Sounds good. I've seen a blind blue jaw trigger (born blind or the capture method effected his eyesight). It seemed fine until it jumped. Anyway, the fish I mentioned is a 1 eye crosshatch trigger (female). She's fed by turkey baster so that it isn't a struggle. Something just draws me towards this trigger, probably the fact that she is super trusting and leans on us aquarist to guide/help her if needed

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 28 22.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 89 71.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.0%
Back