1 of 3 new zoas...

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hehe, the others are still getting acquainted with the tank.. they are open but still in the sump.. will probably move them tomorrow... and take pics for you guys.. :)

01-19-07YllwRing.jpg

and a pic of some Limeades I've had in my sump for a while...
Limeades.jpg

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Marvin is the the Rings of Saturn? I have some coming from Bryan in the next week or so....

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are nice Marv. I have a few polyps that looked exactly like the first pic and after a few months under my lights the ring turned into a solid green eye. They almost look like a darker alien eye now. I'll try and get a pic for you. They are in the back of the tank so it might not be a good one.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you put them in the sump & for how long? Is there a light on there?
I just didn't have any room for them that's why they were in the sump.. hehe.. yeah, my sump acts as a holding tank/frag tank also.. I have a decent PC lighting in there (Finnex brand).. forgot the wattage... LoLz..

Hey Marvin is the the Rings of Saturn? I have some coming from Bryan in the next week or so....
James, dunno if they are the rings of saturn.. I just picked them up at LFS just seeing if the blue would hold.. I really like the yellow rings also...

Those are nice Marv. I have a few polyps that looked exactly like the first pic and after a few months under my lights the ring turned into a solid green eye. They almost look like a darker alien eye now. I'll try and get a pic for you. They are in the back of the tank so it might not be a good one.
cool.. can't wait to see what they are going to morph like.. we have the same lighting so it'll be very close what they will look like...

I saw those first ones at Bryan's place and now im kicking myself in the butt for not buying them.... :hammer:

Steve :)
Steve, you can always go back and get some more... ;)

Thanks guys for looking...

minibowmatt

2 zoos for me, 1 for you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have quite a few of the first ones. What size are your polyps? Mine run 3/8" - 1/2" tops..

spartanfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love those first ones. They sort of remind me of my alien eyes except with a blue center. Limeaids are cool too, mine just recently started growing pretty well for me.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have quite a few of the first ones. What size are your polyps? Mine run 3/8" - 1/2" tops..

awesome man... mine are regular sized zoanthids like Eagle Eyes, RDE, etc.... not really the solomon island small sized ones...

hope they do good... I only got a small frag but ended up having multiple frags with 4-5 polyps each...

Thanks guys for all your comments...

2 & 3 of 3 new zoas will be posted shortly...

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 45 32.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 27 19.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back