1 Yr and Vermetid Free! Video Proof!

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally did it! Vermetid FREE! I never let them in. I don’t plan to add anything else for the next 10 years. Haha. The odds are like 1 in 1,000 especially considering I added 70+ snails and some LPS. It’s been 1 year. Tank was started last January 2022, and boy did I pay the price trying to keep them out. Was it worth it? No! Yes! IDK.

I’m glad 2022 is behind me…2023 should be a good year for growth. Leave a comment and let me know how long you think I can keep them out! :)

BFA646EC-C149-4F80-8035-2F58918F44C1.jpeg

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So……what did you do? What was the “price” you paid?

I feel like this post is missing critical information!

I just de-based, de-plugged, every acro. Only introduced live healthy tissue. Scraped every snail and LPS and then brushed with a wire brush. Inspected them with a magnifying glass and my microscope. Snails shells that I found the Vermetid burrowing into I trashed.

The cost? Ouch!

A lot of headache and tedious work. A weak Biome for the first year. Dino’s, GHA, Cyano, Etc. A lot of that was also due to the dry rock binding for 1 year straight so I can’t fully blame it all on trying to avoid pests. No joke…that rock binded PO4 pretty significantly for 1 full year.

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw this video recently. Couldn’t believe my eyes and still not sure. Can anybody confirm this is how they spread. Read the comments.

DarthChaos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found...every "nuisance" in a reef tank - has a natural predator.

Would have been simpler.....to toss in half a dozen bumblebee snails and call it a day.

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found...every "nuisance" in a reef tank - has a natural predator.

Would have been simpler.....to toss in half a dozen bumblebee snails and call it a day.

I wonder if somebody dumped like 200-300 bumblebee snails in a heavily infested tank if they would completely eradicate them. Be interesting if somebody would do it!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 46 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 160 73.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.6%
Back