10 Gallon Nano Stocking

mnreefer327

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would 2 clowns be good in a 10 gallon nano tank? Could I fit a third fish in there? If so, recommendations?

THANKS!

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a third fish would be a stretch. It also depends on what clown species you're looking at. It might work for ocellaris and percula clowns, but definitely won't for maroons.

OP
OP
M

mnreefer327

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a third fish would be a stretch. It also depends on what clown species you're looking at. It might work for ocellaris and percula clowns, but definitely won't for maroons.

Yes! Sorry- totally forgot to mention that I plan on ocellaris clowns! I was thinking a third fish would be a stretch, so thanks for the feedback and I’ll definitely just go with the pair of clowns!

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! Sorry- totally forgot to mention that I plan on ocellaris clowns! I was thinking a third fish would be a stretch, so thanks for the feedback and I’ll definitely just go with the pair of clowns!

One of our maroons is about 20-years old, she is over 5" in length. Huge.

HighOnReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd make sure there's enough bio-filtration to handle 2 first. I have 2 clowns in my 20 gallon and it did go through a large ammonia spike in the beginning. Even w lots of live rock and filtration the tank had to mature for the fish. Seed is a product I'd highly recommend to up the bio-filter during the process.

OP
OP
M

mnreefer327

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd make sure there's enough bio-filtration to handle 2 first. I have 2 clowns in my 20 gallon and it did go through a large ammonia spike in the beginning. Even w lots of live rock and filtration the tank had to mature for the fish. Seed is a product I'd highly recommend to up the bio-filter during the process.

Thanks for the advice! I'm cycling this tank for 6 months before adding fish so I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

iMi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a similar question. I am trying to decide if one or two ocellaris clownfish would be best. I don’t remember if they interact with each other or not. It’s been such a long time since I kept them.

Also, 10 gallon reef setup. Focusing primarily on corals, so this would be the maximum bio load for me. It’s either one clown and one or two smaller fish or just two clowns.

Recommendations?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 86 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back