10 gallon stocking list

DD Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just got my 10-gallon nano tank and was wondering if I could put a watchman goby + pistol shrimp pair. If I can't do watchman goby, could I switch it with a Randall goby? Also, I was wondering if I could put more than the goby and pistol shrimp. I was thinking I could put one of these fish, neon goby, clown goby, firefish, pair of clownfish, royal gramma, banji cardinal, or a pajama cardinal.

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly recomend a pistol shrimp and ywg pair. They are fun. You could do 1 or 2 more if you wanted to. i would wait longer. You could switch it with any other shrimp goby if you wanted to. Clown goby may not jive with the prawn goby. Neon or firefish will do fine. pair of clowns will do fine. RG may get territorial as time goes on in that small of a tank. I would avoid cardinalfish.

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't put firefish in a tank that small, and especially if it lacks a lid. They do like to jump, and will certainly go carpet surfing without a tight barrier.
Hm, they are really small, and they don't really swim around but hover. A lid is mandatory tho

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
They are just skittish and need enough rockwork to call home. I think it would be ok, but that would limit the rest of your stocking list. If you want a firefish, it's that and a goby/shrimp pair.

Alternative is goby/shrimp pair, a clown, and a neon goby or other small fish.

nicowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my 10-gallon nano tank and was wondering if I could put a watchman goby + pistol shrimp pair. If I can't do watchman goby, could I switch it with a Randall goby? Also, I was wondering if I could put more than the goby and pistol shrimp. I was thinking I could put one of these fish, neon goby, clown goby, firefish, pair of clownfish, royal gramma, banji cardinal, or a pajama cardinal.
Definitely do a yellow goby, they are awesome, my is small and very peaceful, plus his color are beautiful

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 4.5%
Back