10 gallon stocking option.

Jarhead-CO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently cycling a 10 gallon tank with 6 lbs of rock and 20 lbs of live sand. As of right now I'll probably only put some crabs in it and see if my damsel gets to aggressive for my clowns but if I were to put a single fish or invertebrate in the tank what would be a good choice price isn't really an issue (within reason not trying to drop a grand on a fish).

Oscar47f

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
clown fish? Maybe a pair.. Or Clown goby, they perch on corals and rocks and sometimes Magfloats and the glass... Sailfin blenny too, they're really cool looking fish but mine used to hide a lot.

OP
OP
Jarhead-CO

Jarhead-CO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
clown fish? Maybe a pair.. Or Clown goby, they perch on corals and rocks and sometimes Magfloats and the glass... Sailfin blenny too, they're really cool looking fish but mine used to hide a lot.
I have a pair of misbar blood orange clowns in my 30 gallon tank I'm looking for more of a single fish display. Maybe a pair of something but I'd like it to be a stand out piece.

nervousmonkey

LPS Lover, SPS Enabler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the Gold Sailfin Blenny; they are really awesome little fish that come out and watch you to see what you're doing. Not the typical "watch you to see when you are going to feed me" but just out of curiosity. You could also get a Jawfish; they do the same but peer out from holes in the sand. I love pygmy angels too, they are so pretty, and definitely a stand out fish, but they are not really sized for a 10 gallon, but it would be a beautiful little fish. They're aggressive too, which I think looks awesome; a tiny little fish that thinks it's a giant. :confused:

OP
OP
Jarhead-CO

Jarhead-CO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the Gold Sailfin Blenny; they are really awesome little fish that come out and watch you to see what you're doing. Not the typical "watch you to see when you are going to feed me" but just out of curiosity. You could also get a Jawfish; they do the same but peer out from holes in the sand. I love pygmy angels too, they are so pretty, and definitely a stand out fish, but they are not really sized for a 10 gallon, but it would be a beautiful little fish. They're aggressive too, which I think looks awesome; a tiny little fish that thinks it's a giant. :confused:
The goldsail Benny is a hard find but I'll keep my eye out for one I'm just afraid he wouldn't have enough algae to eat in a 10 gallon tank.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 30 52.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.3%
Back