10 gallon stocking

Derek C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 10 gallon nano reef. 2 black ocellaris clownfish and 2 snails, have been in there for a month. I want a cleanup crew as well as maybe another fish. Can I get a lawnmower blenny and a coral banded shrimp, or is that too much? Which do you recommend? Also where can I find specific info on each? Thanks :D

dante411x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I would not recommend a coral banded shrimp in a 10g. They tend to grow bigger than you want them to be and can get aggressive. I’d go with a cleaner shrimp instead.

Jacked Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend no more fish. The two clowns might even outgrow the 10 gallon. Coral banded shrimp tend to grow big and be annoying. If your set on a shrimp I would do cleaner.

evolve29

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 10 gallon nano reef. 2 black ocellaris clownfish and 2 snails, have been in there for a month. I want a cleanup crew as well as maybe another fish. Can I get a lawnmower blenny and a coral banded shrimp, or is that too much? Which do you recommend? Also where can I find specific info on each? Thanks :D

I got an electric blue hermit crab and tons of blue legged hermit crabs. 2 orange blood clowns with 2 large LT anemones and a yellow watchman goby with candy cane pistol shrimp. I had the Lts going on 3 and clowns 4. My last yellow goby died of old age.
I wouldn’t do the two you stated due to size they will get to be. Look into those electric blue hermit crabs, they are cuc and prettyZ

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 28.1%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 74 48.4%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back