10 gallon tank remodel

Bear Claw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this 10-gallon aquarium that I pulled out of my garage and deep-cleaned today. I have a space for the tank and I want to keep something in it. I previously kept hermit crabs in it. I already have a 35-gallon reef tank that is doing very well so I know how to take care of saltwater tanks. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what would be cool to keep in it. Also, I know this is a saltwater forum page but the ideas can also be freshwater, reptile, amphibian, insect, etc. Thank you! Can't wait to here your ideas!

FUNGI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would absolutely LOVE to keep those in the tank, though Im not sure a hang on back filter and in tank heater would go well with them. Would it? Ive never kept sea dragons before so Im not really sure, always wanted to though
You'd need a couple of sponge filters......and a small in tank heater (ceramic PTC types with heat shields)....

NotReefsafe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dwarf seahorses are insanely difficult and Im not even sure sea dragons are available...even if they were you'd need much much larger than a 10.

for dward seahorse care info visit seahorsesavvy.com

consider a shrimp goby pair or eviota gobies

OP
OP
B

Bear Claw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dwarf seahorses are insanely difficult and Im not even sure sea dragons are available...even if they were you'd need much much larger than a 10.

for dward seahorse care info visit seahorsesavvy.com

consider a shrimp goby pair or eviota gobies
Okay, thanks for the info. Any freshwater, reptile, amphibian, or insect ideas? Or any other saltwater ideas?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this 10-gallon aquarium that I pulled out of my garage and deep-cleaned today. I have a space for the tank and I want to keep something in it. I previously kept hermit crabs in it. I already have a 35-gallon reef tank that is doing very well so I know how to take care of saltwater tanks. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what would be cool to keep in it. Also, I know this is a saltwater forum page but the ideas can also be freshwater, reptile, amphibian, insect, etc. Thank you! Can't wait to here your ideas!
I’d personally do a goby tank and try grab a squad or quintet of Trimma cana (a trio of these) and Trimma caudomaculatum (a pair of these) in a tank of Softies or maybe even Macro algae.

Another option leaning out of Saltwater and water in genera is;
Stickbugs or Jumping Spiders! I personally love these two things and find them to be so adorable the only downside is they feed on live animals (I believe Stick insects can feed on dead insects).

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about a mantis shrimp or a frogfish or a jellyfish tank?
These all get too large for a 10G tank, even the smallest Frogfish needs a good 20G tank to not spike nutrients.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 21 12.1%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 47 27.0%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 82 47.1%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 21 12.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.7%
Back