Reef Raft Yellow Mamba
Dustin's Deepwater
Rommel's Rainbow Millepora
Jared's Tri-Color Prostrata
Aqua SD Rainbow Millepora
Jared's Rainbow Millepora
ultimates purple monster
some where over the rainbow millie
paletta's Pink Tip, RR Epic Efflo, RR Bonsai Efflo, Blueberry Special, Red Robin
pink panther
joes rainbow
Mr pack man
Tyree grafted green jacket
Purple nurple
romels red wine acro
romels holy grail
Romels rainbow
romels rose
aqua delight
christmas millie
tire del fuego
atl strawberry fields
skittles stag
Romels ultimates eflo
dragon eyes
origional short cake acro
a convexa from frag farmers

Welcome to my tank how are you today
Looks like you have a pretty sweet collection. Any pics of your tank and some of these awesome corals? I'd love to see a shot of your dustins and SOTR mille.

MattL22

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
60f69b3a-112d-8d64.jpg

Right next to joes rainbow! Obviously a bad pic from my phone but gives u idea bright pink tips with long white extensions almost like a milli but totally different!

MattL22

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
60f69b3a-1266-d4a8.jpg

Oregon tort ! Just hands down bluest acro out there it's one of few that is absolutely breath taking even with lights off !

SteezySPS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw 3 large colonies of the tierra del fuego and still dont see what the fuss is all about considering the going price for it.
not an extensive list but lokani, simplex, tort, granulosa, ssc nasuta, pearlberry, rd, and tri color prostrata (I saw this side by side with the bubble gum mille and its much brighter) should be in every tank! any other colors im missing from the rainbow?

MattL22

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
60f69b3a-12ed-2bef.jpg

RMF Jared's rainbow milli hard too see here but base is blue very nice as a frag can't wait til it grows out!!

MattL22

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first pic is joes rainbow acro and wet thumb fireball ( the fire ball blows the rainbow away atleast so far)

MattL22

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
60f69b3a-15a1-8c33.jpg

Wow factor with Tierra del fugo behind it it's very pale not sure why?? I thought the Tierra loves light

OP
OP
PolandSpring

PolandSpring

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to see a pic of the WT fireball; have one you could share? The pics on reeffarmers leave a lot to be desired IMO, but looks like it could be an awesome coral in person.

its sweet! i had it and it was aewsome, but just lost it due to the aefw.. I've seen matt's and it is awesome!

Bluejawtrigger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deep Water Lokani
Caroliniana
Microlados
Tequila sunrise milli
Tri color valida
Sunset monti tyree
Superman monti tyree
Tyree undata
Formosa
Purple polyp birdsnest
Red planet
Blue voodoo
Strawberry shortcake
Smokey Blue Acro
Tyree pink lemonade
Ora German blue polyp acro
Tubs pink jade
Reef ready grape juice acro

Heres my list that I can think of off hand. Although it pails in comparison to all of yours. I'm in agreement about the red dragon. Guess I'd need to see it in person. I do have a deep water purple acro, not sure of the name. Any ideas?
a68908ae-1a2e-b440.jpg

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt, sweet stuff bro, nice collection you got going! Things look healthy and happy. I'd try and move the fuego down a bit and see if it thickens in color for you.

That fireball does look like it's a stunner, might have to source me one.

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw 3 large colonies of the tierra del fuego and still dont see what the fuss is all about considering the going price for it.
not an extensive list but lokani, simplex, tort, granulosa, ssc nasuta, pearlberry, rd, and tri color prostrata (I saw this side by side with the bubble gum mille and its much brighter) should be in every tank! any other colors im missing from the rainbow?
I hear that a lot about the fuego. I've only seen one frag in person and it's never really impressed me. I'd take a christmas mirabilis or Joleen's red table and call it good.

I disagree about the bubblegum(assuming its the snipersps version) vs tricolor prostrata though. I have them both and while they have similar color, they are entirely different, and my bubblegum is way brighter. My snipersps is bright pink with that bleeds from pink to insanely blue tips. The transition from pink to blue is amazing. The tri color in my tank is more red in color and the color change is very abrupt, where just the growth tips are an awesome blue color. Both are amazing and must haves!

Last edited:
OP
OP
PolandSpring

PolandSpring

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huge fan of the Greg carol acroberry
sorry I don't have a pic of mine for you right now

And I've been trying to get my hands on this one for years

Rommel's Ultimate Collections - Holy Grail SPS Collections

That one is sick!

http://multiply.com/mu/ultimatefrags/image/1/photos/8/600x600/14/Rainbow-Tip-Acro.jpg?et=l%2BH3qNIf6YI%2C7MywhzAeWQ&nmid=248030097

This is one I'd love !!! Anyone ever heard of it of seen it??

Basicly anything in rommels old collection is pretty hard to find ! What ever happened too him?

Wow thats a cool milli!

darryl_v

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watch the SPS forums like on here and the other well known site are never see colony pics of most of the corals mentioned. Is it that they are so new to the scene that no one has grown them out and kept them colourful? To me acro's need to prove themselves and that takes time. Sure grab the newest hyped frag and you may have a long term winner....or you may have the opposite.

Also for a coral to become really well known it has to be propagated for some time. I guess for these reasons a lot of these names mean nothing to me even though Im always here in the SPS forums?

OP
OP
PolandSpring

PolandSpring

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watch the SPS forums like on here and the other well known site are never see colony pics of most of the corals mentioned. Is it that they are so new to the scene that no one has grown them out and kept them colourful? To me acro's need to prove themselves and that takes time. Sure grab the newest hyped frag and you may have a long term winner....or you may have the opposite.

Also for a coral to become really well known it has to be propagated for some time. I guess for these reasons a lot of these names mean nothing to me even though Im always here in the SPS forums?

its not about the names. Names are just used to identify a coral. I just feel, the ones people really don't know much about are some really nice ones because people don't want to give them up, therefore, not many people know about them.

Back