10 reasons you're a reef addict

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ya i dont know how you are doing it i have been trying but i just get so tired of being on the computer and my eyes hurt. im going to need a week long break and i havent posted half as much as you.
Well, I think I got a head start(tues at 12:04am), plus not having to work this week helped.
I actually tell my wife about all the new stuff I get and how much I spend. But I know a few people that keep it a secret of what they spend and new stuff they get.

I tell my wife too:) She is usually fine with it(help that I'm pretty frugal). Except for the one time I put in bids on 6 or7 acan colonies on aquatic auction thinking I'd win one or two.... I won 4 for a total of $580 if I recall;) Not a fun evening for me....

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I swallowed a bunch of salt water when I was a kid....

Gill Roy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know you're a reef addict if you come home from work and blow past your wife to peek at your tank real quick.
You know you're a reef addict if she then says "maybe if I rub some saltwater on me I could get a kiss".

ReefMP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know you're a reef addict if you "want" to do the laundry just so you could go down to the basement (if your tank is in the basement) to spend some time with the tank lol.

You know you're a reef addict if you're early for an occasion but end up being late because you had to spend the extra time with the tank.

I got tickets to the "Elvis in concert 2011" show for my wife for valantines, she asked that we leave at least an hr early to avoid any surprises....I killed that hr with the tank then halled *** to get there on time, the worse part is it started snowing and I had to listen to "I can't believe you couldn't leave an hr early" most of the way. lol....yeah, she's a big Elvis fan, but we made the snow on time.

Reloadeddevil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know you are reef addict when every single time you buy a coral that you have to buy your wife 3times something expensive to keep her from showing some aggression. ;).

jwalker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know your passing on the reef addiction when your 6 year old can name every coral, fish and invert in your system without any help......

jwalker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know your raising a reef addict when your 6 year old can explain how a protein skimmer works to anyone who ask

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know your a reef addict when you take more pictures of your tank/ whats in it than your family

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about if you replaced those family pictures on the wall with pictures you took of your reef tank. LOL

I feel sorry for the man who does that lol! I get enough grief now for the time I spend on here and messing with my tanks

Renegade Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YOU know your a Reef fanatic if you can throw on a wetsuit and reaquascape your tank before she gets home and says
"What in the **** are you doing now? lol !!! :xd:

Last edited:

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't take credit for this because it was from a guy in my reef club, but...
You know you're a reef addict when you go to visit a family member in the hospital and all you can think about it is if they'd notice you wheeling their I.V. drip system out to your car.

greg0385

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
slighty cheaper my foot, not that i have done crack, but i spend a fortune on my tank. i got one, you might be a reef addict if you spend every waking moment on here posting to every thread so you can have chance at winning a prize!!!

swannyson7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
slighty cheaper my foot, not that i have done crack, but i spend a fortune on my tank. i got one, you might be a reef addict if you spend every waking moment on here posting to every thread so you can have chance at winning a prize!!!

that's me! :nerd:

swannyson7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The crackhead part of course :tongue:

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 143 74.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.7%
Back