10 year old reef

Ridge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our tank is 10 years old this year. The lonely clown in the picture has been here since the beginning, and other fish at least 5 years old.
IMG_8440.jpeg
It’s a family tank my girls and I have enjoyed together. Like most tanks it has had its up and downs, 4 years ago it had a lot of variety of coral including sps. but a multi day power outage took its toll. Since then, I’ll admit that I have lost some interest, kids have gotten older. Tank is not as exciting as it once was, hasn’t been a livestock addition in years. Make maybe one trip a year to reef store for dry goods.

Surprisingly the tank itself has never been more stable, the out of control softies and large hammer colony are essentially filtering the water. Maintenance is minimal.

Are there others out there like me? Just maintaining what they have, not constantly upgrading? I have enough experience to keep it going, but don’t seem to have the passion to make it great.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our tank is 10 years old this year. The lonely clown in the picture has been here since the beginning, and other fish at least 5 years old.
IMG_8440.jpeg
It’s a family tank my girls and I have enjoyed together. Like most tanks it has had its up and downs, 4 years ago it had a lot of variety of coral including sps. but a multi day power outage took its toll. Since then, I’ll admit that I have lost some interest, kids have gotten older. Tank is not as exciting as it once was, hasn’t been a livestock addition in years. Make maybe one trip a year to reef store for dry goods.

Surprisingly the tank itself has never been more stable, the out of control softies and large hammer colony are essentially filtering the water. Maintenance is minimal.

Are there others out there like me? Just maintaining what they have, not constantly upgrading? I have enough experience to keep it going, but don’t seem to have the passion to make it great.
Tank looks great!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back