10 years later, tank planning again.

BeMoto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

Around 10 years ago I put all my reef equipment away. Had to many problems with hang on overflows and other proplems. As a kid I grew up with freshwater fish and didn't really get into it. Walked into a pet store one day and seen a reef setup, after that I did some research and got a 50 gal tank. I miss having watching coral grow and everything come alive inside the tank.

So now I'm older and thinking about trying it again. Thought it would be cool for my kids to see alive ecosystem grow befor there eyes.

I've been looking at the Red Sea models and really like them. I've been looking at tanks 40-120 gal range. I would like to try sps and Lps (only lps in the past) and some smaller fish like clowns, damsels. Right now I'm trying to figure out if the Red Sea models are worth the money or if I'm better off peices something together myself. Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated!

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! No personal experience myself but lots of happy Red Sea owners on here..

97BAF3A8-6025-44D1-8660-21ECB1A85D31.gif

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
drawing-dolphins-hand-painted-dolphin-cartoon-image-and-fish-images.jpg

Glad you joined us! Do some reading here on Reef2reef and research what you would like. You can go expensive or cheap. I like cheap myself! Whatever path you choose, keep it simple and stay consistent.

Bigger the better on tank.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 38 19.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 142 74.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.7%
Back