120 gallon stand?

ReefRy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I'm having a really hard time finding a wooden stand for my upcoming 120g build. So far I've only been able to find a Marineland (ugh). I'm not looking to break the bank, but we can do a bit better than that. Can someone please point me in a direction? Thanks!

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've talked about it, yeah, but if I'm being honest I wouldn't trust 1000lbs of water and my carpentry skills within 100 feet of each other.
The strength part is easy, it's making it look half-way decent that takes some doing.
Here is the classic rocket engineer style stand build that despite the creators name is very easy to build.

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've talked about it, yeah, but if I'm being honest I wouldn't trust 1000lbs of water and my carpentry skills within 100 feet of each other.
If you’ve even considered it I would check some threads or YouTube about it. I thought the same way before I build my first one now I won’t ever buy a stand again the ones you make are way more sturdier than a one purchasing.

OP
OP
ReefRy

ReefRy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The strength part is easy, it's making it look half-way decent that takes some doing.
Here is the classic rocket engineer style stand build that despite the creators name is very easy to build.
Therein lies the problem. For my first sw build it was a hodgepodge of freshwater stuff. I lovingly refer to my setup as Frankenstein. A big part of the reason for the upgrade is appearance. If I can buy a furniture-quality stand without getting into 4 figures I think we'd consider it money well-spent.

Hugh Mann

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I can't point you towards a stand, but I do have a suggestion between manufactured and diy.

Could look into the cost of hiring a carpenter to build you a stand. I'd be willing to bet that it would cost less and look better than anything you could buy from a store.

Or as a DIY solution, build that stand, it will be rock solid. Then get some finished plywood and screw it on, it will look great.

OP
OP
ReefRy

ReefRy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I can't point you towards a stand, but I do have a suggestion between manufactured and diy.

Could look into the cost of hiring a carpenter to build you a stand. I'd be willing to bet that it would cost less and look better than anything you could buy from a store.

Or as a DIY solution, build that stand, it will be rock solid. Then get some finished plywood and screw it on, it will look great.
I think that's what we'll probably end up doing. I googled cabinet makers and it turns out we have two within .6 miles. Thank you very much!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 75 48.1%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 49 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back