120 gallon stocking help

wamy2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a yellow tang and white tail. I added the white tail after the yellow and the yellow was territorial for a while, but now they are fine. If anything add the white tail first. It's by far my favorite fish in my tank, so beautiful in the tank and such a workhorse. I love the yellow tang too, mainly because we got it as a baby from biota and it was so amazing watching it go from almost translucent and about 1 1/2' to what she is just a year later. Those 2 are my favorite tangs. We are adding a powder blue that is in QT now.

The Royal Gramma is another favorite. I get a kick out of how she opens her mouth and rawrs and goes up to other fish in her territory.

Some others that are fun to watch, Midas blenny, wrasses, lyre tail anthias.

Just a side note on my experience. My fox face eats my zoas, scans and my trachys. He's going into my fowlr since he's sassy. I know they are hit of miss, but that's my experience. I keep nori on 24/7 but it's not enough to deter him. Also, my flame hawk has eaten all my shrimp and killed 6 fairy wrasses - just in case you are considering wrasses down the road. Between the flame hawk and fox face, they have cost me some good money.
IMG_5582.JPG

OP
OP
B

bsarnone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a yellow tang and white tail. I added the white tail after the yellow and the yellow was territorial for a while, but now they are fine. If anything add the white tail first. It's by far my favorite fish in my tank, so beautiful in the tank and such a workhorse. I love the yellow tang too, mainly because we got it as a baby from biota and it was so amazing watching it go from almost translucent and about 1 1/2' to what she is just a year later. Those 2 are my favorite tangs. We are adding a powder blue that is in QT now.

The Royal Gramma is another favorite. I get a kick out of how she opens her mouth and rawrs and goes up to other fish in her territory.

Some others that are fun to watch, Midas blenny, wrasses, lyre tail anthias.

Just a side note on my experience. My fox face eats my zoas, scans and my trachys. He's going into my fowlr since he's sassy. I know they are hit of miss, but that's my experience. I keep nori on 24/7 but it's not enough to deter him. Also, my flame hawk has eaten all my shrimp and killed 6 fairy wrasses - just in case you are considering wrasses down the road. Between the flame hawk and fox face, they have cost me some good money.
IMG_5582.JPG
Thank you for sharing! What size is your setup?

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 37 41.1%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 45 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back