125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@fishguy242 @F i s h y @907_Reefer @Stang67 @Goaway @ESABOE @JoJosReef @steveschuerger and whoever else I forgot (sorry)

So maybeeeee ….i mean with the way I drive I’m sure I’d get there sooner than the maps say…and it’s essentially a drive by snatch and grab for my first stop…..soooo
IMG_7713.jpeg
change the career,cross country move an all ,get a job here forget the snow... :thinking-face: :D
1713898949326.png
Southern MO...;):rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I made it up to your finally getting a 3d printer. After about a page of posts I started to feel guilty as I have a few things that need to be printed. Oh well, time to go start drying some PETG. I may actually get caught up on here today, if my dryer cooperates. Then a quick detox and I'll be ready to read the current updates.

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I made it up to your finally getting a 3d printer. After about a page of posts I started to feel guilty as I have a few things that need to be printed. Oh well, time to go start drying some PETG. I may actually get caught up on here today, if my dryer cooperates. Then a quick detox and I'll be ready to read the current updates.
You are dedicated! When are you going to start reading @fishguy242 thread?

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So i knew that if I read this thread long enough I'd get something useful :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: , other than quite a few laughs, the name of an LFS that I haven't been to; Aquaholic Aquariums. Also I think I'll start popping into the Petcos when I see them. I know one of the ones in Chandler has a saltwater section. I got out of the hobby from 2007 until 2022 and very few of my favorite shops are still around. Both of my got-to shops from back then are gone. I don't remember the names now but one was at 32nd St. and Cactus and the other was on Price near Spectrapure and Aquatic Arts and had an acrylic tank builder in a separate building behind it.

I've explored just about every LFS I can find through internet searches, although I haven't been back to the Ocean Floor yet and I've only been to one of the Konas BUT my wife just mentioned how she'd like to go to the really big LFS near downtown. 'Oh you mean the one that used to be a roller rink or something that had all of the used tanks?', 'Sure we can go sometime soon'. Quick check bank balance...
Not a fan of Discount. Aquarium Arts is good prices. Ocean Floor raised their prices a lot over the last 2 or 3 years.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I showed my wife Post 3844 and she said Berghia Nudibranch immediately; I'm a very lucky guy...
Dude messaged me back and said he found a few more. You're east side though, right?

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like she's planning on kidnapping me and dropping me off at Frank's to chop logs and haul gravel potentially....
Your wife plan this perchance? The longer you're hauling gravel, the less you are winning...

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Your tank looks awesome man. I love the rock setup. So wicked
Thanks! I ended up making most of it. Tried for as much shelves and caves as I could but honestly there's a lot of just piled up rocks in there. :smiling-face-with-halo:

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a fan of Discount. Aquarium Arts is good prices. Ocean Floor raised their prices a lot over the last 2 or 3 years.
Discount goes up and down--a lot. Also a couple of times I got burned on their used gear. I was just at Aquarium Arts a couple weeks ago. It looked much better. 20 years ago most of the fish I got there were subpar. I haven't been to Ocean floor in a good 16-17 years, probably changed a little. They were very so-so on fish as well. I mainly go to AZ Reef Monster now even though they are not the cheapest and buy snails mainly from Kona. I liked Artistic Aquarium for fish until they spun off the retail operation to Just Fins. I've only been there twice and wasn't really impressed but not scared away either.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Discount goes up and down--a lot. Also a couple of times I got burned on their used gear. I was just at Aquarium Arts a couple weeks ago. It looked much better. 20 years ago most of the fish I got there were subpar. I haven't been to Ocean floor in a good 16-17 years, probably changed a little. They were very so-so on fish as well. I mainly go to AZ Reef Monster now even though they are not the cheapest and buy snails mainly from Kona. I liked Artistic Aquarium for fish until they spun off the retail operation to Just Fins. I've only been there twice and wasn't really impressed but not scared away either.
Ocean Floor tried to sell a Foxface for $189. They had it for $69 in the ad but apparently they said that was wrong and wouldn't honor it. I went to Aquarium Arts and got my Fiji Foxface for $59. Got a Powder Brown for $39 from them as well. Kona out on the west side consistently has Aiptasia but their freshwater selection was always decent.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The people at Aquaholics are super friendly. Sometimes they have great prices, sometimes their prices are high. It's hit or miss but their tanks have always been clean and pest free when I've been in there. Rarely a skinny fish in the tanks.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back