125g leak

Syntax1235

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After three years my 125 gallon tank has sprung a leak on a corner seam on the front bottom! All I see now is a little bit of salt creep that reappears about two days after I wipe it clean. I think I can actually see the leak (between bottom and left panel).... it's so slow that all I see as evidence is salt creep. If I superglue the edge of seam will it buy me some time?

I guess it's time to upgrade to that 180.... Any advice on how to do this? I'm looking at making the move the third week of April (if my tank lasts that long).

I would like to keep my fish and corals; however, my rock is infested with aptasia and a red turf algae.
I would like to make this tank bare bottom make it all acropora.

I have about 50 pounds of nice pieces of new live rock that has been sitting in ro for the past three months... I dose it with Lanthanum every few weeks.

help!?

SandJ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to say that you should go ahead with the upgrade, right now if possible.

Once the seam starts to separate, it can go at any time. Since the leak is at the bottom of the tank it is under a lot of pessure. If it was my tank, I would find a quick alternative to get the livestock into. It could be a cheap tank or livestock water trough. Maybe ask around and see if local reefers may have something you can borrow if you don't have something.

Last edited:

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on where exactly the leak is located, you could try some Flex Seal or Flex Tape to buy some additional time. I do agree with getting a plan of action together pronto!

Back