140 gallon build

vvjosh06

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all I got a 140 gallon build started but I need help with equipment. Tank is 72*24*18. Whichlights should I use? Am I going to have to double up side by side? I want it to be a reef tank eventually. Also whats the best bang for your buck for sump, skimmer, heater? Should I use a koralia wavemaker or just powerheads? I plan on drilling this tank and what size plumbing? I was thinking 1 inch

wildcrazyjoker81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I use 1.5" bean animal setup on my 150. Works great. For lights do you plan to use led or t5 or mh...or a combo of all three? Need to narrow that down a bit. If your trying to be super cheap you can do a Rubbermaid sump. Heaters your better buying new. Skimmer just find a used one rated for 200-250G.

OP
OP
V

vvjosh06

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lights I want whatever will grow corals good. I'm nit a huge fan of mh. I love leds and t5 are ok. So if I had to pick id say led or t5. Not really on s budget for sump but I want a good one without paying a huge amount of money. My wife gave me few reign on this so I want it awesome. The cabinet space is kinda limited. Looking at about 67*22t*13w. Could alter to squeeze a few more on height and width. I figure if anything I'll plumb the skimmer outside the sump

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back