• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

14yr old clowns

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm no marine biologist. Just looked up online and saw 3-5 year expectancy across the board.

Most people hang on to there old pets until they go. I've never seen anyone sell a 18 year old dog or cat for 4 times more than they worth. No they are always free to good home.

I think OP realized and offed them months ago, and now the paparazzi is on my case.

Have fun pulling up old for sale threads.

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good job!! Who's to say they wont live 100.

I was referring to life expectancies.
Ha ha, I'm just busting your chops. I can hardly believe I've had this clown for so long. I also have a Black Spiny starfish and a few corals that are over 24 years old. Amazing hobby for sure.

Centurio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good job!! Who's to say they wont live 100.

I was referring to life expectancies.

This is a personal pet peeve in this hobby. We all tout good animal husbandry and sustainability, but there's so little knowledge and personal research done on the animals we keep -- especially before we put them in our tanks. We seem to think these animals are disposable at times. A Clown Fish can easily live 25-30 years in good conditions. Tangs can go 40-45 years no problem. I have a Marine Betta that could easily go 50+ years. Yet -- we not only don't recognize that in most cases, but we don't even consider it when purchasing the fish and making a commitment to their care.

Back