150 gallon stocking order and critique

Lumpystarpolyp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 150 gallon has been cycling now for around 2 months, and I am getting close to adding my first fish. The plan is for this to be a FOWLR tank (since all our others are reefs). I am interested most strongly in the following:

Zebra Moray eel x1
Dogface Puffer x1

I also am interested in tangs, clownfish, and triggerfish, but haven't chosen a type or quantity of any. Can anyone lend any insight to what order to add these fish/ how many would be a good idea in the tank? (I've never kept such large fish before).

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for livestock I haven't listed, please feel free to add one.
Thank you :)

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd give some input but I'm picking up my grandkids from school. Early out.

Jacked Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since this is a Fowler you could have any fish you want, think butterfly’s and fish that would normally eat coral. They require less swimming space than tangs but have more variations. I would also look into the blue throat trigger or niger trigger (the latter is more aggressive) if you like those. The zebra moray is only slightly aggressive and doesn’t normally eat or harm fish so that would be the first I would add. If you have a dog face puffer you rule out fish with long fins like lionfish. I would develop a main stocking list before even considering making an order.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 35 35.7%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 53 54.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 4.1%
Back