150w Nicrew Kessil Spectral Controller not Turning On

RookieReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to get my lighting setup and I’m running into an issue with the Kessil Spectral X controller.

My understanding is that I can run the Kessil controller off of the 0-10V input from the Nicrew to the controller but the screen never displays anything when it’s plugged in. I read that the plug provided with the controller won’t work so I purchased a 3.5 mm 4-pole connector, anyone know if that’s the correct cable?

When I have it plugged into the input the lights turn off, and whenever I unplug they immediately kick on which I’m assuming is the correct behavior?

Also I just confirmed the screen on the Kessil controller is functional because when I plug it in via USB the display kicks on and says it’s ready for update.

IMG_0937.jpeg

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By
I’m trying to get my lighting setup and I’m running into an issue with the Kessil Spectral X controller.

My understanding is that I can run the Kessil controller off of the 0-10V input from the Nicrew to the controller but the screen never displays anything when it’s plugged in. I read that the plug provided with the controller won’t work so I purchased a 3.5 mm 4-pole connector, anyone know if that’s the correct cable?

When I have it plugged into the input the lights turn off, and whenever I unplug they immediately kick on which I’m assuming is the correct behavior?

Also I just confirmed the screen on the Kessil controller is functional because when I plug it in via USB the display kicks on and says it’s ready for update.

IMG_0937.jpeg
I do not believe you can power the x with the Nicrew..

You can power the Nicrew controller though..
Screenshot_20231221-000210.png

Gets messy-er. The 3 conductor jack on the kessil to apex cable works fine for the Nicrew to apex connection.
24v is err " shorted"
Tip, ring, sleeve only jack.

The kessil " link" may power a Kessil controller(?) but not the plain 0-10 cable.

See #135 #257

#140-141
The controller comes with a USB (Type C, IIRC), you need to plug that into a power brick to power the controller up.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back