$18 timer for dosing pump

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tp link.
Current tank has just the dosers set up, new tank is going to have full control for remote on/off capibility and scenes for feeding and what not so im not having to turn multiple things on or off manually.
I do wish you could control the timers down to the second though.
With fixed dosers is tricky to get that perfect medium with a full minute.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210215-034402_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20210215-034402_One UI Home.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20210215-034407_Kasa.jpg
    Screenshot_20210215-034407_Kasa.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20210215-034439_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210215-034439_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 32
OP
OP
Mywifeisgunnakillme

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tp link.
Current tank has just the dosers set up, new tank is going to have full control for remote on/off capibility and scenes for feeding and what not so im not having to turn multiple things on or off manually.
I do wish you could control the timers down to the second though.
With fixed dosers is tricky to get that perfect medium with a full minute.
Another option, i like it!

Debating getting a controller system (either GHL or Hydros) for this nano and a 200 gallon being installed shortly. I am little disturbed at the price point of controllers as well as the purposeful preventing of placing nice with other brands though. That's why Apex is definitely not an option for me.

If I don't get a controller, it's either the manual timer above or your option for sure.

The nano is easy to dose manually for now. The two hundred gallon should have water in it in March. Live rock has be on a heater and powerhead and dosing ammonia since last September. Once corals are growing at good clip in the 200 gallon, or if i find a good deal on a used controller, i'll make a decision.

Kind of like the timer option most right now. Less to go wrong, but i do like Wifi and apps. I asked a question on amazon about whether if the timer fails is it always on or always off, and if the latter that might be the clincher for coral safety sake even if i get a controller.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea i dont need much more than a good few webcams and on off/timer control for everything :)

Good job on cooking the rock too. Been doing the same but since june of last year. Cant speak for the micro fauna ive been adding but the bacteria should be good and robust :)

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 28.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 20.9%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.3%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 62 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back