1st H. Magnifica going in my new 150/G.

Justinky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good buddy, what is this new treatment method you're using? Curious. :) Are you just letting the clowns take care of the waste from shipping and hoping it recovers?

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good buddy, what is this new treatment method you're using? Curious. :) Are you just letting the clowns take care of the waste from shipping and hoping it recovers?

Ha, almost...I've been dumping them in the DT first for a few hours without drip acclimating. The bag water on some of these nems is so foul I see no point in acclimating to the tank water. After they hit the DT, I see how they do for awhile and then treat if they start to decompensate. Where you been man, school???

Taylor t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know. I thought about it, and if gigs are out of the water a while, get baked, then get splashed with incoming tides, they would be prone to "shock" every day, right? No different than sitting in the sun on the beach, getting hot, and jumping in... OOOOWEEEEE is that cold!

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to bring me and Minh some of those gigs that way you can get them back later. I'll only charge you a blue to keep 3-4.

Justinky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha, almost...I've been dumping them in the DT first for a few hours without drip acclimating. The bag water on some of these nems is so foul I see no point in acclimating to the tank water. After they hit the DT, I see how they do for awhile and then treat if they start to decompensate. Where you been man, school???

I agree.

I've actually been really busy haha. I'm about to dip out of the hobby for a bit until I get my finances in order and school is coming up so double whammy! I will be back in though as soon as I can get my finances in order. Then I will hopefully do it right and have space for the perfect anemone/sps tank.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree.

I've actually been really busy haha. I'm about to dip out of the hobby for a bit until I get my finances in order and school is coming up so double whammy! I will be back in though as soon as I can get my finances in order. Then I will hopefully do it right and have space for the perfect anemone/sps tank.

Sweet, I love my 150/G. My 220 was just too much. A lot of money to maintain. Wouldn't mind doing a cube with DD.

bairdimusprime

Bill
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thx man. Just trying to save these awesome animals and share what I've learned along the way. :)

yeah i've kept BTA's for 6 years or so... i've always wanted to try a mag but i'm too scared it wont make it... i don't want to contribute to the decline of these amazing animals

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah i've kept BTA's for 6 years or so... i've always wanted to try a mag but i'm too scared it wont make it... i don't want to contribute to the decline of these amazing animals

They're hard, but keeping parameters in check with an established system is all you need. Can't slack though. They will deflate and get sick.

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome job with the save and the vids!
Any updates for us?

I'll update soon. I did a 40/G water change and dosed 1ML of Red Sea NO3-PO4X that the Magnifica didn't like. They looking kinda funky today.

It dropped my PO4 from 13ppm to 3 ppb and apparently they either didn't like that 10ppm drop or I stripped the water column too much. These two are new and not acclimated and stable yet so even the smallest changes can affect them.

The gigs are doing good though.

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was were my tank tested this morning:

Results:

6/30 10AM
PO4 3ppb
NO3 1 ppm
ALK 136ppm 7.6 DKH
CAL 387ppm
MAG 1260ppm

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 45 48.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back