2 anemones?

Congaken

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a 65 fowlr with a good variety of fish...6 chromies, 2 firefish, a kole tang, niger trigger, lattice bf and singapore angel...all are young fish...the trigger is the largest at about 4"...then there is a tomato clown being hosted by a 3 1/2" long t. anemone...he is rather plain and have the opportunity to buy a really pretty pinkish bubbletip...will this tip the scales?...also there is another tomato clown inQT...will clowns of the same species choose seperate nems?...all in all...what do you think>Oh, lastly, I may be able to trade my nem for the new one...he is squeezed in solidly...any way to remove him without injury?...thanks...;Droid

Untamedrose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK let me get this straight you got a tomato clown and a LTA.

And you want to get/add another tomato clown and RBTA.

Biggest issue I'm seeing is a serious problem if you end up adding another female clown.

tipping the scales? meaning over loading your filtration? Well depends upon what that is, what your stablity is like and often you like doing water changes. Seems like a Very full tank as is to me.

Not likely to get more then 5.00 for an LTA trade in, not worth it IMO. If it's happy leave it.

OP
OP
Congaken

Congaken

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK let me get this straight you got a tomato clown and a LTA.

And you want to get/add another tomato clown and RBTA.

Biggest issue I'm seeing is a serious problem if you end up adding another female clown.

tipping the scales? meaning over loading your filtration? Well depends upon what that is, what your stablity is like and often you like doing water changes. Seems like a Very full tank as is to me.

Not likely to get more then 5.00 for an LTA trade in, not worth it IMO. If it's happy leave it.
Well, the one I have is about 1 1/2 "...the larger one in QT is 2 1/2...I had assumed that the larger one will be the female...can I put in a RBTA peacefully...the filtration is good, do weekly wc of about 25%...use algone and "blue"...so far, everyone is happy, eating...also plenty of cuc...

Untamedrose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The largest one in a "school" is a female....only one in a tank means its the largest in the school and it changes. And the larger being the older but "newer" one is not good. I'd put money on it you have two females and 65 gal is not big enough to such, not enough territory they will fight and one will die. Pick one take the other back and pick out a small to medium one in a big group of young clowns all smaller then the female you pick.

OP
OP
Congaken

Congaken

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The largest one in a "school" is a female....only one in a tank means its the largest in the school and it changes. And the larger being the older but "newer" one is not good. I'd put money on it you have two females and 65 gal is not big enough to such, not enough territory they will fight and one will die. Pick one take the other back and pick out a small to medium one in a big group of young clowns all smaller then the female you pick.
smaller one has been in the DT for about 3 weeks...so that time makes it a female because it was alone?...no matter how it started...if that's so, I can net it out and sell it if they fight...worth the chance?...thanks...;Pompus

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back