2 fluval see lights opinion/experience

Cbray305

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to give my experience with the fluval sea marine 3.0.
I had lots of questions and now with the experience i can answer for others with the same...

So at an average 250$ you can get by with 1 light over a 4 foot spread.

But the PAR level is not great. You can get by with beginner softies, especialy zoas just as i have. So for a budget they do work. I only have softies so i can not answer for sps or lps. But for me I never really saw alot of growth . The zoas do just fine, and retain color. Looks great just again not alot of growth.

So added a second, because i need more lighting, also want more light demanding coral which is another 250. Now my softies are thriving! Seeing growth, more polyps, pulsing xenia stopped pumping for awhile , now they pump more frequent. My bubble tip anemone seems happy mid level of tank. The colors are awesome too. Very happy with my tank right now.

So, if you are on a budget, also want a light NOW than the lights work and will get you by..but you will need to upgrade eventualy. Could go with t5 hybrid or just another fluval. Fluval would be cheaper..

BUT, patience in saving would seem a little more practical, because for the 500$ if you spent at once, could get 2 ai primes and be done.

Back