2 ICP Results

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had 2 ICP tests done, 1 with ICP analysis and 1 ATI. They seem pretty similar, but the ATI test showed mercury. I had put a bag of metasorb from 2 little fishies due to the cobalt shown in the ICP analysis test for about a week. The tests were from samples taken roughly 2 days apart.
Can you please take a look and see if I am missing anything? Is this mercury level a concern? Everything looks pretty healthy, but should I do another test to see if the metasorb removed the mercury?

Attachments

• Tank Report 12-13-2017 12_41_50 PM.pdf
    79.6 KB · Views: 99
  • Analysis 121517 ATI.pdf
    130 KB · Views: 125
  • Analysis 121517 ATI RODI.pdf
    128.5 KB · Views: 66

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't really know what level of mercury is a concern, and any number will critically depend on what form that mercury takes, so I can't say if it is an issue or not. If the tank seems OK, I might be inclined to only think about possible sources, and move on if I didn't find any.

Nothing else in the ATI result seems to be a concern to me. Some trace elements might be on the low side and you might benefit from dosing, but I'd consider that an experiment and to watch to see if it was a benefit.

I have too little confidence in the ICP analysis. com data to make much comment. 12 ppm gallium seems extraordinarily unlikely, yet often is elevated in folks reports.

OP
OP
Maacc

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Randy, I really appreciate it. I am dosing fuel now, unless you have a better recommendation.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 42 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 27 20.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back