OP
OP
Beats001

Beats001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's interesting to hear peoples experiences of pairing maroons, good and bad. Then others like me can learn from them. The maroons that were successfully paired, please elaborate on any observations you guys made. E.g. did they act differently when first introduced to each other? Or did you see fighting? If so how would you describe the severity?

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've run into the same issue. I bought 2 ORA Lightning Maroons through Live Aqauaria for our 50 gallon anemone tank. They were fine for the first 2 or 3 days but then they started fighting and lip locking. The smaller of the 2 was actually the aggressor. I put the aggressive one in an acclimation box for 2 weeks hoping that it would give the other one an opportunity to claim a territory and heal up a bit. Once I let the smaller one out of the box after about a day they were back at it again. By the time I was able to get the larger clown out of the tank and into a quarantine tank it was too late. It only lasted a day before it died. I've contacted ORA hoping they might have some advice as to how I might be able to introduce another Lightning Maroon into this tank without ending up in the same situation again.

OP
OP
Beats001

Beats001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've run into the same issue. I bought 2 ORA Lightning Maroons through Live Aqauaria for our 50 gallon anemone tank. They were fine for the first 2 or 3 days but then they started fighting and lip locking. The smaller of the 2 was actually the aggressor. I put the aggressive one in an acclimation box for 2 weeks hoping that it would give the other one an opportunity to claim a territory and heal up a bit. Once I let the smaller one out of the box after about a day they were back at it again. By the time I was able to get the larger clown out of the tank and into a quarantine tank it was too late. It only lasted a day before it died. I've contacted ORA hoping they might have some advice as to how I might be able to introduce another Lightning Maroon into this tank without ending up in the same situation again.
Sorry to hear that, they are crazy aggressive fish to one another. I'd be interested to hear what ORA's advice is.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 42 26.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 31 19.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 29 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back