2 pairs of clowns in a 55

Spazzmle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This sounds insane, and I didn't expect it to work. I had just gotten a new 55 to upgrade from a biocube. I have a pair of occelaris clowns in my biocube. My boyfriend's coworker was taking down his tank a day before moving, and gave us a bunch of fish because he couldn't keep them. In those fish were a pair of black occelaris clowns. I figured I would be playing with fire if I tried putting the two pairs together, but since I didn't really have anywhere else to put them, I decided to put them all in the 55 at the same time. They have been in there about a week now, and there has been 0 aggression. They have found their territories of the tank, but have not been fighting, nipping, or chasing. Occasionally they will all school together and go explore the tank, then return to their respective areas. Is it possible this will work out long term? I was planning on just selling the orange pair.
Thanks in advance

OP
OP
Spazzmle

Spazzmle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a dumb*** and just got back from a business trip. My mind is foggy. Tittle supposed to say 2 pairs of clowns, not anemones.....

Trex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fixed the title. :)

Personally, I wouldn't do it. It may work in the short term, but once one pair starts to spawn, all bets are off. Just be prepared with a back up plan if things go South, and they can go South very quickly.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ticking time bomb. I used to breed clowns and multiple pairs can be kept together, but only for so long.

OP
OP
Spazzmle

Spazzmle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys. I will try to rehome the orange clowns soon. So far it's been all peaceful. The black clowns have started hosting a 6 headed torch at the end of the tank, and the orange ones seem to stay on the other side. Then they meet in the middle and school around for a while. Very odd.

A/C or D/C, What’s Your Preference?

• A/C

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • D/C

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Both

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 4 16.7%
Back