225 gallon Lee-mar upgrade (in progress)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man this is a great build! Very nice!

OP
OP
I

iani

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks David. Hopefully I can get the main tank plumbed this weekend.

Ian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jealousy is kicking in...

setup16of19July042010copycopy.jpg

It looks like you filled a bunch of the holes in the Marco Rocks..

setup9of19July042010copycopy.jpg

If so, great idea :D

I like the thought behind the Marco Rock, I just don't like all of the holes and the rough texture of it. I think how you altered is really going to make it look great!

OP
OP
I

iani

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jealousy is kicking in...

setup16of19July042010copycopy.jpg

It looks like you filled a bunch of the holes in the Marco Rocks..

setup9of19July042010copycopy.jpg

If so, great idea :D

I like the thought behind the Marco Rock, I just don't like all of the holes and the rough texture of it. I think how you altered is really going to make it look great!

LOL, you want that little basement area too huh? haha.

The marco rock was filled in a bit mainly to join the rocks together. I guess that still did solve part of your problem with it.

This is a sweet build. You are a good month or two ahead of me so I'm gonna watch this one very closely :D
Thanks, I've got lots going on in the upcoming months so you may catch me up on the build.

fenderguy1

Prop/Shipping Pro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing build! All i could think of to make it better would be if you just took everything out of that area you are standing in and threw up some pond liner.. Now that would be sweet! lol

drdoolittle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
progress looking good Ian, the set up is unbelievable. I personally like the light actuator set up and the basement. I wish i had a basement like that. Rocks are awesome and thanks for the heads up on the material to use. Cant wait to see the rest of the plumbing and water into the tank.

OP
OP
I

iani

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this build is awesome....i wish i had that much room to deal with
Thanks fbodykiller.

Amazing build! All i could think of to make it better would be if you just took everything out of that area you are standing in and threw up some pond liner.. Now that would be sweet! lol
One of my friends suggested the same thing lol.

What is your none DT total volume? I have a 320g with a 100g refuge... you have more total water in your system I believe.
Under the house actual volume is about 230-240 gallons. 150 gallon rubber maid, 100g sump, 75 gallon frag tank. The rubber maid and sump is not filled completely.

progress looking good Ian, the set up is unbelievable. I personally like the light actuator set up and the basement. I wish i had a basement like that. Rocks are awesome and thanks for the heads up on the material to use. Cant wait to see the rest of the plumbing and water into the tank.
Thanks Ed. Stop by tomorrow if you'd like to see the plumbing progress

OP
OP
I

iani

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a lot of ventilation under the house to prevent mold and stuff from evaporation?

Should not be an issue. The crawl space has cross venting. Should keep the area well vented.

Update

Tank filling
setup1of7July122010copycopy.jpg

I kid, I kid. That is all it was filled. I was just testing the return pump to make sure the dart could handle 11ish feet of head. Its flowing pretty well. I guess putting no elbows or 45s till the very top of the return helped a lot. I decided to split the 1.5" return to two 1.25" elbows into the tank. I did not want to use any lockline because I didn't want to restrict the flow at all.

Plumbing through the floor
1.5" return
1.5" drain (flooded)
1" trickle
setup2of7July122010copycopy.jpg

Return pump/plumbing
setup6of7July122010copycopy.jpg

setup7of7July122010copycopy.jpg

Holding tank for coral from my old display
setup3of7July122010copycopy.jpg

12x54w T5HO over "frag tank"
setup4of7July122010copycopy.jpg

Skimmer
setup5of7July122010copycopy.jpg

ricwilli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This sure is a nice build. I like the two 100 gallon water containers. Is this going to be used primarily for salt mixing? I'm thinking that the container on the left is for RO/DI water and the mixing will happen in the right container. Would have been nice if you put a valve on the RO/DI side to have access to water when ever you wanted.

drdoolittle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ian, have you leak tested the returns and drain lines yet? just to make sure theres not leak on the couplings?

OP
OP
I

iani

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This sure is a nice build. I like the two 100 gallon water containers. Is this going to be used primarily for salt mixing? I'm thinking that the container on the left is for RO/DI water and the mixing will happen in the right container. Would have been nice if you put a valve on the RO/DI side to have access to water when ever you wanted.

Yes the left is RO/DI the right will be for salt. The way I have it plumbed I can pump out either ro/di or salt and mix salt water as well with the single pump.

fiddly_foo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at that pic of the holding tank of your old stuff I spot a huge watermelon chalice I think the second to last on the bottom right... Am i right..LOL need a pic of that bad boy I cant wait to see thgis thing all up..

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 69 40.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 87 50.6%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back