OP
OP
RealtyBoss

RealtyBoss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I'll have to ask someone about the antibiotics. Like are the human or do you get them at the LFS? I don't care what it takes to save her honestly. She's my responsibility and I have the means to do so, so I will. I've researched endlessly and best advice thus far has been to have her in the basket with low flow and occasionally offer enriched foods which I have. I attempted to put her in the tank last night as she was looking good and immediately she went face down. Not doing that again. Keeping another week in the basket and will now look into the antibiotics. About to do a large water change. The RO takes 1.5 days to fill with water so it's just now ready. I read this also stresses them but the ammonia is creeping up so needs to be done. Something is ripping out all my hermit crabs. Think it's the arrow crab. I want him gone. If anyone is local McKinney area and wants one he's yours. Rather large.

Eaj1001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I'll have to ask someone about the antibiotics. Like are the human or do you get them at the LFS? I don't care what it takes to save her honestly. She's my responsibility and I have the means to do so, so I will. I've researched endlessly and best advice thus far has been to have her in the basket with low flow and occasionally offer enriched foods which I have. I attempted to put her in the tank last night as she was looking good and immediately she went face down. Not doing that again. Keeping another week in the basket and will now look into the antibiotics. About to do a large water change. The RO takes 1.5 days to fill with water so it's just now ready. I read this also stresses them but the ammonia is creeping up so needs to be done. Something is ripping out all my hermit crabs. Think it's the arrow crab. I want him gone. If anyone is local McKinney area and wants one he's yours. Rather large.
Why do think it's the arrow crab just curious? I've had 3 never had one kill hermits but mine were all small. Not saying it's not him either.

OP
OP
RealtyBoss

RealtyBoss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because the shells are near him and he's nomming on the bodies. :( just leaves the heads and arms. Eats the bodies. They might be dying near him and he takes the bodies out but he swipes at my fish, eats my corals, and eats the bodies. It's like a little graveyard near him. Something has hurt my favorite ( Joe Dirte). He has wounds on him and he used to be happy. Now he looks so sad. White gashes on him. Lost scales. Didn't happen until Clyde was put in. Clyde is the crab. Here's Joe

image.jpg

Eaj1001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because the shells are near him and he's nomming on the bodies. :( just leaves the heads and arms. Eats the bodies. They might be dying near him and he takes the bodies out but he swipes at my fish, eats my corals, and eats the bodies. It's like a little graveyard near him. Something has hurt my favorite ( Joe Dirte). He has wounds on him and he used to be happy. Now he looks so sad. White gashes on him. Lost scales. Didn't happen until Clyde was put in. Clyde is the crab. Here's Joe

image.jpg
Don't think he's responsible for Mr Dirts injuries.. Do you have a mantis in you tank? Arrow will eat anything on the bottom they're not too good at predation kinda clunky and slow but they eat anything opportunity provides. I like them I'd take him if I could..lol If you have something vicious I'd suspect a mantis shrimp..?

OP
OP
RealtyBoss

RealtyBoss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't think he's responsible for Mr Dirts injuries.. Do you have a mantis in you tank? Arrow will eat anything on the bottom they're not too good at predation kinda clunky and slow but they eat anything opportunity provides. I like them I'd take him if I could..lol If you have something vicious I'd suspect a mantis shrimp..?
Nope. Everyone must be nice.
Harlequin shrimp
Small emerald crab
Arrow crab
Domino damsel
Blue damsel
2 white bonnet clowns
1 blenny
Zoas
Polys
Hammer coral
Sebae. Although look at her now :( slime coming up again. Closed with insides coming out.

image.jpg

Eaj1001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. Everyone must be nice.
Harlequin shrimp
Small emerald crab
Arrow crab
Domino damsel
Blue damsel
2 white bonnet clowns
1 blenny
Zoas
Polys
Hammer coral
Sebae. Although look at her now :( slime coming up again. Closed with insides coming out.

image.jpg
Mantis are usually hitch-hikers and they go after fish they're ambush predators and very good at it. Sounds like a nice mix of tank dwellers. If you see something or have seen anything dash really quickly out of site on the bottom, most likely a mantis..very common! I still think your nem is gonna make it!

OP
OP
RealtyBoss

RealtyBoss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope so. Ps- is this normal? Joe had had these long white poos the past few days. Super long.

image.jpg

Eaj1001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope so. Ps- is this normal? Joe had had these long white poos the past few days. Super long.

image.jpg
No not normal sounds like internal parasites.. Usually green or brownish and 1/2 inch or so in length for a small fish. Is this the fish with wounds?

OP
OP
RealtyBoss

RealtyBoss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is. What do I do? Two days he's done this. And he used to be happy and slowly swims around now. Heart breaking. Should I take him to the vet?

Eaj1001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder about the water from your LFS are you quarantining new livestock when you buy it. Always toss the water from LFS if you're not they can have outbreaks that affect a lot of fish having there tanks connected and circulating the same water. My LFS has had 2 ich outbreaks in about 2 months. It's just safer.

OP
OP
RealtyBoss

RealtyBoss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do quarantine but one fish is in there now and don't want him in there to make that one sick or vice versa. My other tank is cycling so I can't put him there. I do not use the LFS water. We strain the water and put the fish in a bowl of my tank water and take them to QT. he was my first fish. Only thing we didn't qt was hammer coral because it came from the owners private show tank and we have my blenny in qt now

Eaj1001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do quarantine but one fish is in there now and don't want him in there to make that one sick or vice versa. My other tank is cycling so I can't put him there. I do not use the LFS water. We strain the water and put the fish in a bowl of my tank water and take them to QT. he was my first fish. Only thing we didn't qt was hammer coral because it came from the owners private show tank and we have my blenny in qt now
Are you treating the Blenny or making sure it's ok before going into your DT

OP
OP
RealtyBoss

RealtyBoss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Making sure he's ok. He's got no signs of anything but don't want joe in there if he's sick and make blenny Rodgers sick

Eaj1001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Making sure he's ok. He's got no signs of anything but don't want joe in there if he's sick and make blenny Rodgers sick
Sorry I'm laughing(Blenny Rogers) ..no we don't want 2 sick fish but he needs some maracyn for internal parasites..the med is different if it's dinoflagellates (Mereozole or something like that) but it sounds like worm parasites..if you have a small tank 5 gal or so you can use your tank water to fill it and treat him..you just need a small power head to keep the the water oxygenated no carbon filters just movement for oxygen.

Eaj1001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I'm laughing(Blenny Rogers) ..no we don't want 2 sick fish but he needs some maracyn for internal parasites..the med is different if it's dinoflagellates (Mereozole or something like that) but it sounds like worm parasites..if you have a small tank 5 gal or so you can use your tank water to fill it and treat him..you just need a small power head to keep the the water oxygenated no carbon filters just movement for oxygen.
My large hermits are John Wayne and Maureen Ohara ..lol

OP
OP
RealtyBoss

RealtyBoss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok where do I get this stuff ? I will buy another tomorrow. I have plenty of power heads and can easily take out the water. Poor baby!!! Gosh everyone's getting sick and my tank is reading great. Just did another water change. I took a screen shot of the meds. Just need to know where they offer it. Should I treat all the fish since he had it??

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok where do I get this stuff ? I will buy another tomorrow. I have plenty of power heads and can easily take out the water. Poor baby!!! Gosh everyone's getting sick and my tank is reading great. Just did another water change. I took a screen shot of the meds. Just need to know where they offer it. Should I treat all the fish since he had it??
EBay or Amazon is a good place might just have to pay for overnight shipping if your lfs don't have any

Back