250g Zoa dominated tank video

Coral King

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my 250g zoa dominated tank. :D

[video=youtube;u4AWBAJar6s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=u4AWBAJar6s[/video]

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow how did you get started on this project?
Are they all grown out from frags?

I wish you could post a video with normal lighting, I am slightly colorblind and they all looked the same under the blue, that is one long video though!
What do you have for fish and what's the sump area like?
What lighting was the first part of the video under when they all look orange or whatever?

OP
OP
C

Coral King

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been at this with Zoas for about two years now, in the hobby for 7. This tank was converted to be zoa only (except one or two favourites) around 6 months ago. I started doing this through discovering zoas were beautiful to me and collecting them was highly addictive. Some have been grown from frags and some came in as colonies, its a mixture. I have four other tanks with just zoas in, I guess I have become a bit of a hoarder ;) The lighting is LED on this tank and the yellowish pictures at the start are because I used a barrier lens to enhance the colours of the zoas. After 5mins its normal blue LED and a macro lens top down in to the tank. Fish - I have tangs, chromis, bangii, wrasse, clowns, bi angel, flame angel, anthias and a few others. Sump is 4ft long and has the usual skimmer, carbon, po4 reduction etc and refugium with lots of live rock. It is a long video, it took me 6 hours to make and process it. My girlfriend was out having fun with her friends so I took the opportunity to make the vid while the house was empty. I will be making another one in the next week or so of one of my frag tanks. Thanks

mrcoffee2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been at this with Zoas for about two years now, in the hobby for 7. This tank was converted to be zoa only (except one or two favourites) around 6 months ago. I started doing this through discovering zoas were beautiful to me and collecting them was highly addictive. Some have been grown from frags and some came in as colonies, its a mixture. I have four other tanks with just zoas in, I guess I have become a bit of a hoarder ;) The lighting is LED on this tank and the yellowish pictures at the start are because I used a barrier lens to enhance the colours of the zoas. After 5mins its normal blue LED and a macro lens top down in to the tank. Fish - I have tangs, chromis, bangii, wrasse, clowns, bi angel, flame angel, anthias and a few others. Sump is 4ft long and has the usual skimmer, carbon, po4 reduction etc and refugium with lots of live rock. It is a long video, it took me 6 hours to make and process it. My girlfriend was out having fun with her friends so I took the opportunity to make the vid while the house was empty. I will be making another one in the next week or so of one of my frag tanks. Thanks

No problems with any of the tangs eating the zoas?

I want to do this with my DT I just setup, but was cautious about what fish I want since i know some tangs eat zoas.

Last edited:

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks for the reply and thanks for taking so much time to make the video!

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beautiful tank! I'm becoming more and more attracted to zoas now that my tank is a reef

OP
OP
C

Coral King

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you wanna see some macro shots there's 250ish on my website. We only supply the UK and EU though so I guess I wont get into any admin trouble giving you the address, if admin doesn't allow this please delete the comment and I will post all the photos onto photobucket.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
C

Coral King

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I will... In London for a couple of days working way but when you wake up on Thursday come on here and have look. Do I post on photobucket and share the link or post on here? I have 300+ photos, what's the best way to share them?

What Rim on a Tank Suits You? (Choose All That Apply)

• Rimless

Votes: 47 47.5%
  • Full frame

Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Euro Brace

Votes: 38 38.4%
  • All of the above

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back