25G Lagoon update with live reefcam

plankton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't posted on my 25G Lagoon in forever, but here is live link from reefcam.

SPS and digitata are growing well. Color is pretty good. My large 6" maxima clam died so bought a baby BTA for my clownfish pair but they haven't hosted it yet.

PS There is about 10 second delay and I'm interested in how others have added live reefcams to their tanks and how you did it.

update : hmm RTSP link not working, try this one:
WyzeCam link

Last edited:
OP
OP
plankton

plankton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally pulled the trigger and upgrading my reef controller setup from reef keeper elite to Neptune Apex with ATK, Trident and DOS. That will also mean after I upgrade I’ll have an entire box of RK modules for cheap for those who still use them. They do work, east to program and cheap. Just not supported any longer.

OP
OP
plankton

plankton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t get cheaper than Wyze V3 right now. Slap a ‘yellow or orange’ filter over then lens and you have an easy to stream reef cam mostly color corrected. I have trouble live stream basically vga high res and can’t imagine streaming 4K but would love to see someone do it.

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t get cheaper than Wyze V3 right now. Slap a ‘yellow or orange’ filter over then lens and you have an easy to stream reef cam mostly color corrected. I have trouble live stream basically vga high res and can’t imagine streaming 4K but would love to see someone do it.
Maybe I have to be the first to try! Haha, I've got a gigabit fibre internet connection, 1K mbps download/upload and the router is very close to my tank. Could be a neat project. I just gotta find a good cam and set-up... looking for recommendations!

OP
OP
plankton

plankton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to take a 4K HD video with GoPro I use for swimming videos but Vimeo defaults to 720p. Has anyone tried using GoPro as reefcam?

Link

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.6%
Back