270 Gallon "Fish Pairs Themed" Upgrade

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CBB do really well once established. They are delicate and need to get establish. Normally tangs ang angels do not really go after them since they don't really directly compete with these fish for food. CBBs are essentially completely carnivores.
However, in our tank, when we introduce a new fish, the king of the tank always gives newcomer a hard time.

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the big scribble male(gotta come up with a name for him) is not a fast eater like the rest of the fish. I’m afraid he might not be getting enough to eat. Plus the regular LRS doesn’t have enough big pieces for him to get. I got some LRS chunky but still have to cut it up some. Even then I ended up hand feeding him so he get some food. The Pakistan butterfly will eat out of my hand too

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So the big scribble male(gotta come up with a name for him) is not a fast eater like the rest of the fish. I’m afraid he might not be getting enough to eat. Plus the regular LRS doesn’t have enough big pieces for him to get. I got some LRS chunky but still have to cut it up some. Even then I ended up hand feeding him so he get some food. The Pakistan butterfly will eat out of my hand too
I always do my best to get fush accustomed to hand feeding. Just because some are more timid and slow. Even if you have to hand feed to pugs to drop food else where for the slow timid ones, that works too. Its how i get my regal food.

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone.
Dog sitting this weekend for little 4 lb Bailey.
Taking her outside this morning I hear so many different birds. So I opened up my Merlin app to ID them. Love this app.
IMG_6724.jpeg

IMG_6723.jpeg

Still no word on the koi tangs. Wish they would hurry up and announce them.

The yellow tangs are still not use to me or identify me with food. They swim away and hide when I come in.

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just downloaded the Merlin app based on your note, this thing is sweet!

First check is spot on :grinning-face-with-big-eyes:

1000017510.jpg
It is one of the most accurate apps out there.
Edit to say and it’s free!

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Apex Ph alarm keeps going off. I had 18 notifications this morning when I woke up. Cleaning the probe now. Hopefully that will fix it otherwise I’m going to have to buy a new probe.

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my probe is cleaned but still having issues. My ph has usually been around 8 for the 12 years we have lived here. Door to outside is open and now change. So is my ph really going up and down like this within a few minutes or is the probe bad?
IMG_6736.jpeg

IMG_6738.jpeg

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be my thought re calibrate and if still having issues new probe. I have read that they do tend to go bad after a few years.
Thanks for the reply and confirmation on what to do. I ordered the calibration fluid.

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My whole back yard now smells like old stale beer :face-with-tears-of-joy: This used bourbon barrel was used by a local brewery to make a bourbon flavor beer. Needed to clean the barrel so we rinsed it out a few times by letting the hose fill it until no more beer foam was coming out
IMG_6743.jpeg

Then dumped in some dish soap and swished it around. Then filled until all the soap ran out and we had clear water. They let it drain
IMG_6740.jpeg

Now letting it dry before going to the next step
IMG_6746.jpeg

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My whole back yard now smells like old stale beer :face-with-tears-of-joy: This used bourbon barrel was used by a local brewery to make a bourbon flavor beer. Needed to clean the barrel so we rinsed it out a few times by letting the hose fill it until no more beer foam was coming out
IMG_6743.jpeg

Then dumped in some dish soap and swished it around. Then filled until all the soap ran out and we had clear water. They let it drain
IMG_6740.jpeg

Now letting it dry before going to the next step
IMG_6746.jpeg
I am so interested to see what this ends up becoming.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 36 41.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 42 48.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back