270 mixed reef tank

jmardis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to meet you all. There are many awesome tanks here @ reef2reef. Thought some may be interested in my sones Christmas present.

To start off I had Living Color make a 72inch x 32inch x 24inch acrylic tank. They suggested that I add a closed loop to the tank and I am glad they did. The closed loop works great and no pumps hanging off the sides.

Attachments

• Aquraium Axo.jpg
    Aquraium Axo.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 423
  • Tank Plan.jpg
    Tank Plan.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 471
OP
OP
J

jmardis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The main reason I choose Living Color was they are local and I like to support local business. Here are some pictures of the tank being built. Keith was the project manager for my tank and he did a great job.

photo tank.jpg
photo 1.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome! Great start and looking forward to it!

OP
OP
J

jmardis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sump -

Having to have "The Best" a My Reef Creations bio sump was in order. The Living Reef guys in Orlando were great. The first sump that was sent was busted up from shipping. Pancho and Luke from Live Reef Orlando took care of the issue right away. The broken sump was a stock item since MRC had to make a new one Pancho asked more about my tank and came up with some suggestions for my sump. MRC made the sump to Pancho's suggestions at no charge. Additionally MRC got the new sump drawn, cut and assembled quickly. I can not say enough good things about Living Reef in Orlando and MRC, their customer service was above and beyond. Here are a few pictures of the final sump before installation.

photo 9.jpg
photo 1 copy 2.jpg
photo 1 copy.jpg
photo 2 copy.jpg
photo 3 copy.jpg

OP
OP
J

jmardis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
above thread the third image is the first sump that was damaged in shipping. You can see the changes that where made to the second one.

TriggerThis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow lots of money under there. I'm getting dosing pumps next week if all goes to plan.

Looking good, I like the outputs at the bottom of the tank. That makes a lot of sense to me vs at the top

Last edited:

jkirk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mods on the sump were well thought out, looks good. What type of lights are on the tank?

OP
OP
J

jmardis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you all like. I spared no expense on filtration hoping have all that keeps the tank stable.

Keith WArren at Living Color suggested the closed loop on the bottom. I am very happy with the setup.

Currently I am running 3 x radian pros when the custom cabinet comes I plan to add a few t5 fixtures to run during the day.

The radio. Reef link runs great.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 167 72.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back