29 Gallon progression shots

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice looking tank - you've done a really good job! It really looks a lot bigger than a 29 - really like your selection of corals also.

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrate gone! Now just fighting the bubble algae. 1 female Emerald Crab just isn't nearly cutting it. She's been in there about 3 weeks and hasn't even dented it. Might get 1-2 more. Unfortunately I've lost all my fish due to ich. sooooo looks like I'm fallow for 12 weeks.

image.jpeg

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well once again fighting Cyano. Lost a few SPS while the rest are on edge. LPS seem to be doing fine but the zoas are either closed or only half opened :( . Thinking of doing 2 50% WC this weekend, 50% on Sat and then 50% on Sun. Tank atm is way to ugly to post pics.

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well just tried a 3 day blackout for the cyano, didn't work very well. Still see a lot of it. Thinking about either Chemiclean or Dr. Tims Wastes Away.

Here's the latest but not greatest pics of it so far.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added a new screen for my Apex. RCA Viking Pro 10.1. Got it for free from a work BBQ a few weeks ago.
image.jpeg

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added an Ecotech Vortech MP40wQD. I won it from Marine Depot so I figured I'd at least try it in my tank. I had a feeling it may be too much but to my surprise it's really not. I was already running 3 wave pumps and this is only at 30%-40% and it's doing a real nice job set on Reef Crest Mode.

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sold off the Frogspawn and Hammer, so I was able to tuck the Acan and Duncan back in the right side hole. Now I'm finally able to crank up my MP40wQD past 20%. I've now got it up to 40%(? the 4th dot) and I've also added back the Tunze 6040(back right corner) to get more chaotic flow pattern. Hard to see it but it's there, just follow the wire down on the right side.

003.JPG

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing much more happening. Picked up a MP40wES to counter my MP40wQD. Picked it up real cheap because it needs a critical part which I can mail order it but it's the Frame Cap on the wet side. Dry side and driver work fine, I moved my QD wet side over to it and it spun just fine.

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the "New" MP40wES all together now and have them set up as Master/Slave running at 40%. Found the parts fairly cheap at an online place in Canada, took about a week to get to me which is not bad. I needed the Pin Spacer for the dry side and a Frame Cap for the wet side. Not being a QD it's really not that bad but I would not want it in a bedroom through.

019.JPG

Yea it's time to think about a bigger board

024.JPG

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally added a WXM for my Vortechs. Just too bad they are grey now and now don't match the Classic Apex.

IMG_2070.JPG

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 80 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.0%
Back