29g BC Hood

Indo Nano

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5151.JPG So I am currently running a 29 BC. Recently I upgraded my lights to a Kessil A160. Originally I cut a hole from the canopy and sat the kessil there. But I went ahead took it off and installed the goose neck because the stock hood made it difficult to do daily task.
I'm not big on the whole rimless thing but I would like to have a cover over the display to 1. Protect my future live stock. 2. "Catch" my kessil if a freak earthquake was to shake it off the mount and 3. Reduce evaporation from my tank. Can anyone please point me to someone/someplace that is able to make a custom lid for my biocube? And no I don't want the mess net cover I've seen online. Thanks!

October Sky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at how Deep Blue run their lids (glass canopy). They actually sit under the lip of the tank. It's essentially a series of small shelves around the tank that the lid sits on. I'm toying with going hoodless on my BC29, but also toying with just upgrading to a 40 breeder and sump. If I go hoodless, I'm going with Deep Blue's approach. This will not cover your rear sump, though.

Here's the idea

OP
OP
Indo Nano

Indo Nano

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at how Deep Blue run their lids (glass canopy). They actually sit under the lip of the tank. It's essentially a series of small shelves around the tank that the lid sits on. I'm toying with going hoodless on my BC29, but also toying with just upgrading to a 40 breeder and sump. If I go hoodless, I'm going with Deep Blue's approach. This will not cover your rear sump, though.

Here's the idea

That is exactly what I'm looking for! I don't care to cover the rear sump, just the main display. Those clips are not needed, when I removed the stock lid I noticed the biocube come with those preset clips/lips/shelves. I'll just have measure the dementions. Thanks!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 35.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back