3 hours after adding and open mouth bta

LukeSivyer45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just acclimated my new bta, as i was acclimating it, its mouth was open and my nitrates were already high so i did a water change and its mouth was closed. Now after the lights have gone off its mouth is open again, is this normal behaviour?

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just acclimated my new bta, as i was acclimating it, its mouth was open and my nitrates were already high so i did a water change and its mouth was closed. Now after the lights have gone off its mouth is open again, is this normal behaviour?
Is it gaping @Eagle_Steve pics will help

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it gaping @Eagle_Steve pics will help
Yes, need a pic. Slightly open mouth could be water exchange and it doing it's thing. Gaping could just be adjusting, as well, but could also be bad.

For pic, I suggest 100% white light or a flashlight pointed at nem. Then take pic.

For best pic, if possible, place lens of camera or phone against glass and thake the pic. This will reduce distortion and make for a clearer picture to look at.

OP
OP
L

LukeSivyer45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, need a pic. Slightly open mouth could be water exchange and it doing it's thing. Gaping could just be adjusting, as well, but could also be bad.

For pic, I suggest 100% white light or a flashlight pointed at nem. Then take pic.

For best pic, if possible, place lens of camera or phone against glass and thake the pic. This will reduce distortion and make for a clearer picture to look at.
I woke up, turned the lights on and for now its not gaping and although i am defo not an expert on nems i think its showing normap behaviour.

OP
OP
L

LukeSivyer45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5EAEBC0B-040A-49DB-86D4-8D242A6989B9.jpeg

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 54 46.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 18 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back