34 cube Anemone and Clown tank

Reefinny

WYSIWYG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to set up an anemone tank with a 34 cube for my wife. I have a pair of snowflakes in my DT and a paid of maroons in my frag tank.

Question is - can I put two pairs of clowns in a 34 that was a few anemones in it? If so what is a good "pair" to "pair" up as far as aggression? I know the maroons don't play well in the sand box, should I stick with same species?

I would like something unique looking but know the wife likes the more traditional clowns.

Thanks....

Aqua fire/medic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may be able to pull it off....... For a while at least. If your set on doing this I would get the clowns from the same clutch. As they will have grown up together in the same tank already. And get them very young.

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a pair of snowflakes and a pair of maroons in a 34g?!?!? i would highly advise against that..... in a 34g i would recommmend sticking to 1 pair.

OP
OP
Reefinny

Reefinny

WYSIWYG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No you read that wrong. I have snowflakes in a 100 gallon DT and a pair of maroons in my 30 frag tank. The 34 Cube is a new tank and I am looking for something different. Just would like to do 4 of them instead of 2.

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you are correct... i did read that wrong. my bad....

my answer is still the same. i would recommend against more then 1 pair in a 34g. the majority of the time, more then a pair will not get along unless they from the same clutch, raised together, introduced very small, and have enough to disperse the aggression. i would say 10 - 12 minimum. a 34g is too small to try a haerm, imo. just 2 pair in a 34g is asking for trouble, imo. i have tried several times in a 34g in the past :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reefinny

Reefinny

WYSIWYG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I guess I will go with just a pair and a nem to start. The pair is up to the wife. Will start a build thread on this one as well as I will be doing a custom stand as well

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 46.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 34 32.1%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 15.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back