OP
Gaoweihd

Gaoweihd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Magnets or fasteners. I got some fasteners from Amazon from a recommendation on my thread so ill let you know what works or doesent lol
Thanks. I prefer fasteners as I'm worried that magnets are not strong enough, doors might fall off and hit kids at home.

Reign1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I prefer fasteners as I'm worried that magnets are not strong enough, doors might fall off and hit kids at home.
Oh these fasteners are like for solar panels and hard to come off..

IMG_6148.png

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stand from Alufab was delivered on time, and assembling it took a considerable amount of time. This was my initial experience working with aluminum extrusion, and I must admit, the material has a shining and sophisticated appearance. It looks impressive, even with the frames visible. The assembly process was relatively straightforward. However, due to the unique design that includes an internal shelf, I mistakenly attached the bottom support of the shelf in the wrong place, resulting in a lot of time waste on disassemble the frame.

The plumbing supplies also arrived in a box.

Next step:

I need to figure out how to mount cabinet doors onto the frame. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_7028.jpeg
curious, what weight are your casters rated to?

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never seen a tank on wheels before.. what was your reasoning behind having casters rather than a fixed option?

OP
OP
Gaoweihd

Gaoweihd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never seen a tank on wheels before.. what was your reasoning behind having casters rather than a fixed option?
those are leveling caster, when settled, they can be turn to regular leveler. It's easier to move it around during the building process, especially this tank is in the corner. Also it's nice to have the option to turn it back to caster in case I need to move it in the future.

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along - I have the same dimension + 20g sump but 3/4” glass. I love this setup, saves a lot of space. Flow might be challenging if you go SPS-dominant like me. Btw: it should be ~135g for a 3x3x2 tank right?

My build thread is here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/my-150g-cube-journey.933685/

OP
OP
Gaoweihd

Gaoweihd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along - I have the same dimension + 20g sump but 3/4” glass. I love this setup, saves a lot of space. Flow might be challenging if you go SPS-dominant like me. Btw: it should be ~135g for a 3x3x2 tank right?

My build thread is here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/my-150g-cube-journey.933685/
Thanks for sharing. Your tank looks great. I'll follow your build thread to learn your experience.

Yeah I really like this size too, you're right it's a 135g. the caster should still hold this weight.

OP
OP
Gaoweihd

Gaoweihd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been two months, but today, the tank from Advanced Acrylic has finally arrived. Setting everything up will require quite a bit of work, but now most of the components are now in place, I can finally do more serious building.

Here's what I've done in the past two months:

1. Removed the AC vent register for the piping.
2. Finally got the light after a four-month wait.
3. Started acryscaping.
4. Positioned the tank on the stand.

Between the tank and the stand, there's a white HDPE panel. The tank feels quite slippery on it, making it easy to slide around. I'm considering either getting some non-slip material or hoping that the full tank will reduce its slipperiness.

1712799151671.png
1712799211318.png

1712799255849.png
1712799540255.png

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back