3D printed builds - lets inspire others

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want to sell on here but isn't that kind of the purpose of a lot of the selling?

I mean people make endless supplies of everything.

Do you mean we would have to become a sponsor like BRS or one of the other companies to sell on here?

I am honestly not getting it. Like I said, I don't have a dog in this hunt, but, I just would like to understand.

Thanks for the response @redfishbluefish :)

I think that even becoming a business and sponsoring on here still wouldn't be enough, I can't recall a sales thread made by a vendor that directly sells on R2R. You would still need your own outlet to sell your products(eBay and so on) from. However you could provide links to your online shop and advertise sales and deals on R2R if I'm understanding correctly.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has nothing to do with aquariums but a friend of mine printed one of these for me and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. It's a 3D printed digital solar clock. From thingiverse

Screenshot_20190212-084932_Gallery.jpg

Can't find this on thingiverse. Link?

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that even becoming a business and advertising on here still wouldn't be enough, I can't recall a sales thread made by a vendor that directly sells on R2R. You would still need your own outlet to sell your products(eBay and so on) from however you could provide links to your online shop and advertise sales and deals on R2R if I'm understanding correctly.

Makes sense.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

geekengineer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20180302_205149.jpg
This is the doser 3D printed box I made for a different project that I might make another one if I setup another tank. It interfaces to a ras-pi over I2C. I adapted it using a small arduino clone controller.
20180311_221632.jpg
This is the ras-pi controller 3D printed box and my relay power box(not 3D printed). Again this was for a different hydroponics project but adaptable to aquarium use if I make another one.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I an making Tunze Osmulator stands with mount for apex optical sensor. Someone wanted it to have suction cup feet, and be raised higher to avoid sucking Kalk slurry.

Your wish is much command.... I present to you:

xuKlBZ3.jpg

ql81r9S.jpg

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See I have something I want to do that with so I can buy another printer. Problem is, they take 6 hours to print so I would have to have the second printer first.

I have grown to love my Ender 3 and would probably get another one.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See I have something I want to do that with so I can buy another printer. Problem is, they take 6 hours to print so I would have to have the second printer first.

I have grown to love my Ender 3 and would probably get another one.

Even if they take 6 hours to print, put 4 on the bed, and start the print every morning. That’s what I’ve been doing with my lineup. And then a knockoff CR10 does 12 2 hour prints per bed.

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how well known this is. But for joining 3D printed parts that are PLA, HTPLA, PET, PETG, TGlase, and CPE. Most notably not Nylon or ABS. Scigrip 16 and Tap Acrylic cement is a great way to solvent weld your parts if you need to print a part in two pieces.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how well known this is. But for joining 3D printed parts that are PLA, HTPLA, PET, PETG, TGlase, and CPE. Most notably not Nylon or ABS. Scigrip 16 and Tap Acrylic cement is a great way to solvent weld your parts if you need to print a part in two pieces.

I was actually going to ask in our ongoing conversation about this. Thanks!

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was actually going to ask in our ongoing conversation about this. Thanks!

The acrylic cement is an instant bond. If you need more time for alignment, then Scigrip is a better choice. Also Scigrip if you just let it drip, don't wipe it, won't scar your print. You can easily cut off any blobs with a razor blade.

I'm sure other acrylic cements will work just as well, such as Craftics 33, but I just have not tested, so I can't verify.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I have Weldon 16 which appears to be the same thing so that's good. I never thought of using it. Tried super glue and it was worse than useless. Not only did have a really weak bond, it clouded up the surface around it.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
COR-20 filters guard, that locks in place using the nut that came with the pump.

Having a bit of unreliable extrusion on the ender- after inspecting it, it looks like the extruder gear is VERY off center. That would cause it to extrude faster or slower I believe.

I suppose the solution is to shim the gear or replace it with one that has a smaller diameter, I suppose? It’s not the stock one, that has long since worn out, so maybe I put on the wrong size.

I can’t wait for my MK3s!!

EtVVv87.jpg

Last edited:

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 97 44.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 73 33.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back