3D Printed Pipe Hangers (Extruded Aluminium Stands)

JasenHicks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening, in the quest to update my office reef tank I designed this bracket to hold 1" PVC pipe on the frame (extra cross support bar) of my incoming FramingTech aquarium stand. The was the first print and I think you will be able to see something that is off quite quickly, its way too long. I made it to accommodate the thickness of the unions I plan on using, but forgot to take the diameter and halve it for the extension arm. Whoops! I'm printing #2 tonight that fixes it and will upload a new video. If it works out for the initial fitment, ill post the STL file. Enjoy!

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very cool. Is the plan for it to hang vertically down? Or some kind of screw to clamp it if you go vertical? Are you also adding a peace of extrusion just for pipe management?

OP
OP
JasenHicks

JasenHicks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the two pieces get screwed together with a pair of M5 screws and wing nuts, acting like a clamp; you could orient the pipe about the 45mm extrusion in any orientation you can imagine. Since the T tracks fit inside the T slots on the extrusion, no real worry about it "slipping down". Plus, its a square tube that this fits over, so the T's are just extra flare.

The part is 20mm thick so no real need to add additional stretches to hold the pipe, imo.

OP
OP
JasenHicks

JasenHicks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the two pieces get screwed together with a pair of M5 screws and wing nuts, acting like a clamp; you could orient the pipe about the 45mm extrusion in any orientation you can imagine. Since the T tracks fit inside the T slots on the extrusion, no real worry about it "slipping down". Plus, its a square tube that this fits over, so the T's are just extra flare.

The part is 20mm thick so no real need to add additional stretches to hold the pipe, imo.

Of course I had a layer shift during the print... But this is the idea.

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200829222434997_COVER.jpg

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What about the Aluminum extrusion itself? Are you planning to add an additional piece for piping? or it's going on your main frame? Reason why I am asking, if you throw this on the main frame on top for example, then tank won't rest flush on the stand.

OP
OP
JasenHicks

JasenHicks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope so! I am learning rather quick that I should have just invested in the Pursa MK3 instead of the FLSUN QQ-S Pro.... ive been fighting with it to get a good pair of prints for about the last 2 days.

OP
OP
JasenHicks

JasenHicks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20200927_135519.jpg

IMG_20200927_135509.jpg

Got the model all tweaked and first one done. I probably could make the "wall" less thick, but I'm a fan of over engineered designs.

If there is any interest in these, let me know and I'll toss it up on Thingverse or something.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 64 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back