3rd tankset up

Richard Schmidt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Due to family issues I had to downsize my 200 to a 90 cube.
My new build home could not support anything bigger.
My wife (read boss) told me this was the last tank I would ever set up (I'm 62 years old), and I said fine.
She then informed me that an anemone and clowns are a priority, and anemone better be very bright.
I'm color blind so I am looking for input on the most color saturated anemone that is safe for a reef tank that will be mostly SPS.
I'm sure all kinds of opinions will be voiced, but please include pictures so I can show them to the "Boss".
This is my last tank and I want to make her happy (me too).

Rick

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey at least you have the blessing. I like a significant other as a supporter to this hobby. Keep us posted with a build thread.

michellejy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are a good man. Do you have a certain type of clownfish you want to keep since that might dictate which types of anemones you can use?

Taylor t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it was mine, I'd hunt for a purple/pink H.malu. Keep it in the sand, away from your sps.
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/detailed_image.cfm?pCatId=637
DFS calls it a pink malu. Their picture doesn't do it justice when it's acclimated. It gets really full looking, and much longer tentacles. They typically get around 8-10" tops. Once acclimated and established, bulletproof easy to keep. Can be a tough one to find, and get acclimated, the few I've seen in person have real short tentacles and look in poor condition. I think there's a good chance any clown you chose would accept it too. Best of luck in your search, hunting for tank livestock is the most fun part.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back