4 more weeks of fallow period

just reefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone, hope y’all are enjoying your weekend. I’ve noticed all my coral have been thriving and my nems have exploded in size, happy moment lol I also noticed a sudden outburst in copo pods, I’ve never seen so many in my 150g. Does anyone know why and how I got an outburst in them? I know they’re good for the tank but I’m just curious to know where they all came from.

image.jpg

Pickle_soup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone, hope y’all are enjoying your weekend. I’ve noticed all my coral have been thriving and my nems have exploded in size, happy moment lol I also noticed a sudden outburst in copo pods, I’ve never seen so many in my 150g. Does anyone know why and how I got an outburst in them? I know they’re good for the tank but I’m just curious to know where they all came from.

image.jpg
No one is eating them. Fallow periods are great for tanks. Since you already went for so long, why not add 2 more weeks, unless your fish in the QT are desperate to get out.

OP
OP
just reefing

just reefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No one is eating them. Fallow periods are great for tanks. Since you already went for so long, why not add 2 more weeks, unless your fish in the QT are desperate to get out.
I’m doing 8 weeks and I’m half way there. My QT tangs are doing ok, they’re looking a little rough so I’m not pressed to get them back in. I think my lawn mower blenny is being the culprit so I’m rehoming him this weekend. I’ve just never noticed any copo pods in the tank and all of a sudden they’re everywhere.

Pickle_soup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m doing 8 weeks and I’m half way there. My QT tangs are doing ok, they’re looking a little rough so I’m not pressed to get them back in. I think my lawn mower blenny is being the culprit so I’m rehoming him this weekend. I’ve just never noticed any copo pods in the tank and all of a sudden they’re everywhere.
Do you have a fuge in your tank? Maybe you can add one to save some of them. That blenny will be hungry.

OP
OP
just reefing

just reefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a fuge in your tank? Maybe you can add one to save some of them. That blenny will be hungry.
I do have one but I’ve lost a couple of fish prior to my tank crash. I got rid of my hippo as she was the largest tang in the tank so I was inclined to think she was beating everyone up but my sail fin and scopus are looking rough in the QT so I’m thinking it’s the blenny at this point

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they come in as hitchhikers on anything wet, and then reproduce in the aquarium. Fish always pick at them, off the glass, off the rocks, off the sand, etc... But they are always there, just harder to see since the population is controlled. With no fish in the tank the population explodes, and therefore easier to see.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 100 43.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 77 33.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 37 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back